CNC Control System Serial Number: 100505
7804732B977B-0624192192
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Enhancement Request - CNC11 Mill

Post by tblough »

In the mill software, I often find myself indicating the center of a boss or slot. I have the Aux Keys set for Input X, Input Y, and Input Z positions as well as a Set absolute Zero.

Would it be possible for the dialog box that pops up after pressing one of the Input [axis] keys to be preset with 1/2 of the current position for that axis instead of "0". I'm constantly searching for a calculator to find the midpoint and then usually making a mistake when typing it in. While I'm probably setting zero more often than the midpoint, it would be much easier to type in the "0" when needed than to calculate the midpoint and enter it.

To appease those who prefer it the current way, could we have a parameter that could be set to either populate the dialog with midpoint or zero depending on the parameter setting?
Cheers,

Tom
Confidence is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.
I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are where they should be.
cncsnw

Re: Enhancement Request - CNC11 Mill

Post by cncsnw »

You could create your own, by defining a custom M function and then assigning that M function to the Aux key.

It would not work exactly the way the keys you are using work:
- You would have to press Cycle Start immediately after the Aux key, to start the macro running
- You cannot put a default value in an entry dialog, so you would probably need to omit the
entry and just have a prompt (e.g. "Press Cycle Start to set X to nnn.nnnn")