initial setup Schematic

All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

jonmessenger
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: GHFDDHECE(0223151234)
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

initial setup Schematic

Post by jonmessenger »

Good day all, i have recently made an acquisition of an old Bridgeport Series I Boss 5, the gentleman i purchased this from had bought the All In One upgrade package but had never installed it, it is still in its boxes. so i have begun wiring it up and have come upon a snag. I am trying to discover where the leads for the CAPBRD exit the capacitor and go to, i believe I understand everything on the schmeatics except CNT1 CNT2 CNT3 & 4 could someone please help me to understand this part of the instructions. this was a purchase he made in March of 2015 so it should be the latest model
Centroid_Tech

Re: initial setup Schematic

Post by Centroid_Tech »

CNT1 is typically used as your E-stop contactor while CNT2 is used as your flood coolant contactor and CNT3/CNT4 is a reversing contactor for the spindle motor. The negative side of the CAPBRDLO is connected to Vm- on the ALLIN1DC while the positive side of the CAPBRDLO goes through a leg of the E-stop contactor and then to Vm+ on the ALLIN1DC as shown in the attached schematic.
Attachments
E-STOP CIRCUIT.pdf
(33.99 KiB) Downloaded 501 times
When requesting support, please ALWAYS post a current report. Find out how to take a report from your Acorn, CNC11 or CNC10 system here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

If your question is PLC, Macro or program related, please also post a copy of the program or macro as well.

Without the above information we may not be able to help and/or reply until the required information is posted..
jonmessenger
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: GHFDDHECE(0223151234)
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by jonmessenger »

Yeah i think i have this figured out now, it took me awhile to find the contactor's so it was a little confusing without them. thank you.
I have about half a day of wiring to go and we should be firing this ole girl up.
I am going to use a vfd for the spindle control, and if my thinking is correct i can use a contactor's double switch capability to engage the brake when spindle is off and disengage when on.
Thoughts?
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

If you are using a VFD for spindle control, then you do not need the reversing contactors (e.g. CNT3 and CNT4). You wire the VFD's forward and reverse run commands directly through the PLC's OUT7 and OUT8 relays (and one pole or auxiliary contact of your E-stop contactor, CNT1).

If you want to automatically control a spindle brake, you can either put it on an unused PLC output relay, then add PLC logic to tell when you want the brake applied; or you can wire it through a status output of your VFD (perhaps directly, if your VFD has an available relay; or through a solid-state relay if your VFD only has open-collector outputs).

In either case, you need to take steps to ensure that the brake is not applied while the VFD is actively decelerating the spindle (ramp to stop). You can either program your VFD to free-coast to a stop (so that you can drop the brake on it immediately), or you need to ensure that the brake is not applied until the VFD reaches zero speed.

If I were doing it, I would wire a zero-speed signal from the inverter to a PLC input (e.g. INP13); wire the spindle brake to a PLC output (e.g. OUT9); and add logic to apply the brake if the brake is enabled (e.g. with an Aux key) and the inverter is reporting zero speed.

For example:

Code: Select all

SpindleZeroSpeed IS INP13
SpindleBrake IS OUT9
AutoBrakeMode_M IS MEM__

; Toggle spindle brake control between Auto and Off with Aux3 key.
; Aux3 LED on = Auto, off = Off.  Default to Auto upon powerup.
IF Aux3Key THEN (Aux3PD)
IF (Aux3PD ^ AutoBrakeMode_M) || OnAtPowerup_M THEN (AutoBrakeMode_M), (Aux3LED)

; Apply the spindle brake whenever it is enabled and the inverter is stopped and not commanded to run
IF AutoBrakeMode_M && SpindleZeroSpeed && !SpindleEnableOut THEN (SpindleBrake)
Testing SpindleEnableOut is not strictly necessary, but doing so can get the brake released upon spindle startup at least one scan (20ms) sooner.