jholland
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: A900078
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

**RESOLVED** MACH + AJAX

Post by jholland »

First, a thank you to Scott for lightening fast replys to my email.
background
I am retrofitting a rare swiss mill, Aciera F5 cnc. some particulars:
kollmorgen brushed dc motors-original
three phase Baldor spindle motor with vfd
separate 1/3 hp vfd for hydraulic tool seater- a wonderful feature
24 volt power supply for hydraulic tool seater solenoids
Ajax dc3iob plus mpu11 logic board
computer--IBM G41 Pentium 4 with fresh win xp. Ethernet 10/100 connector. this is a lap top pc.

so I had a registered copy of Mach 3 and loaded it along with the latest Ajax plug-in. No motion. I looked at the date of the Mach software---June, 2007. I loaded the latest version of Mach on the G41 today after wiping off the 3 year old mach. And I now have motion. An exam of the mach development chronicle indicates modbus, and plug-in upgrades have occured over the past 3 years. As you know, Mach demo software is capable of machine motion and proper configuration but limited to less than 500 lines of g code. So, a fresh download for an ajax project makes sense.

On a laptop, disable all power saving features. This includes hibernating, screen savers, sleep mode, etc. Full power to pc and monitor at all times when machine tool is under power. Also, I found a full cold restart needed for certainty of configuration recall.

Well, tomorrow I will configure servos and swap out a z axis encoder.
This is my second Ajax retrofit. In 2003 I bought a T 39 lathe kit from Keith and am still a happy user.
jh
diycncscott

Re: MACH + AJAX

Post by diycncscott »

Hi Jackson,

Thanks for the update. Sounds like an interesting machine.

As for your Mach license, I'm pretty sure that if you just copy the license file from your old system into the mach3 directory your good to go