Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 50007
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Ajax DM45NC Mill

Post by SEK22Hornet »

It looks like there is information on the Legacy software page that should allow me upgrade to the latest revision of the Linux software. In reading TB213, I noticed a warning not to use the 2.72 iso image on an existing system - I'm not sure what this means exactly. I'm assuming that it cannot be used as is, without installing the backup information from the system - is this correct? I'd like to give the update a try and I think I have everything I need to give it a try. I'm actually thinking of setting up the motherboard out of the machine, then once the image is created and backups have been installed and everything boots, go ahead and install the motherboard. Not sure what motherboard or processor I'll use yet, I need to dig through my stash and see what looks the most promising. One other question - thinking about using the image to create the boot disk on a small SSD rather than a compact flash - any idea if this will work? Will I need to purchase anything software wise to get the software to run or should that transfer during the backup and restore steps from the existing machine?

Thanks,
Dan