Mike_C
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: A900437
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Warmup cycle?

Post by Mike_C »

Is there a generic warmup cycle template that will drive the xy table between limits and increase the spindle speed in increments? Or is this something I will have to write out by hand?

Thanks
cnckeith
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Warmup cycle?

Post by cnckeith »

that's pretty easy to write yourself:-)...

bit of advice Double check that your lube pump is working properly.. check the lube pump itself and the settings in CNC11 (there are lots of options on how to configure a lube pump depending on the type you have etc.) and check each lube line outlet to make sure its getting proper amount of lube at each and every exit.
don't forget spindle oil (or grease is proper depending on your particular machine) as well.
be sure to have servo motor belts and pulleys tighten and lined up correctly. i'd also verify that there is no tight or sticky spots in the travel of the machine. move by hand as a basic test the full travel to see what it feels like.
on most systems you can use "Drag Plot" if you have your limit/home switches and software travel limits set up.."drag plot" will give you a visual graph of the drag of a particular axis.. a good idea to do before running an run-in program.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
Mike_C
CNC Control System Serial Number: A900437
DC3IOB: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Warmup cycle?

Post by Mike_C »

I have a manual lube pump, and fairly stiff boxways. I've tried running the drag plot a few times, but it errors out from to much drag. The ways are well lubed, and dripping oil. It does start to run smoother after running it a bit, which is why I need a warmup cycle.