countryguy
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

100%- Huanyang VFD in DC-AIO cnc11

Post by countryguy »

Quick item on the use of a Hunyang VFD. While I'm not exactly happy w/ the unit due to so many manual inconsistencies and just plain trial and error.... They are everywhere these days.
This post updated ongoing regardless of threads below. I am trying to keep this 1 post updated w/ all my settings on the CNC11 -DCAIO w/ the 2.2Kva 3hp huanyang inverter.

The wiring: I followed the print- Just as noted on my main schematic. Used the PDF for Inverter and the install guide w/ GS2 screen to translate the values to the PDxx values the huanyang needed. Of course there are then others as noted here in this tip for my unit. I have the 3hp 220 2 lead input to 3 phase output.

OK, The Hunyang is about identical to the GS2. The NC closed inputs to use for the VFD fault on my unit are: FA and FB. So I have FA connected to the input side and FB to 0V. or Ground of the supply. You must change PD0052 to a 3. PD0052 is the control for what trips the FA/FB and FB FC contacts. Setting to a 3 means that only on a FAULT will the relay engage.

Note- My home is Neutral bonded. Neutral and Ground are the same. I get Zero ohms between the PS1 Common on TB4 and the Neutral buss, and zero ohms to the PS1 ground lug. In short- On my setup, Ground, Common and 0V and Neutral are all the same point. But, the ACG (analog control ground) terminal used for the Variable speed is NOT tied into my systems ground. This is only tied to the DAC Comm lead.

The most recent issue I faced: eStop faults and CNC11 issues 9030 spindle errors: the Huanyang FAULTs (FA to FB is 0ohms- This means faulted). The VFD Screen error is Ou-2 on the display.
My fix:
a. default for PD0026 needed to be correct. I am coasting for now. Needed to change from 0 to a 1.
b. My Voltage PD008 was default as 220VAc. My local is 238VAc. I set PD008 to 238.
Running up down on spindle speeds. Coating to a stop, No errors. all happy!
* If you have a braking resistor, then your settings will be different. Set the correct PDxx code for a breaking resistor and roll back this coast setting.

Variable speed via pendant and DAC output for Huanyang settings.
NOte- The Huanyang Analog input FREQ low and High must be set first.
PD072 and PD073. Mine are 90hz and 9hz for now. This was my problem originally when I could not get the 10k pot or the DAC to work w/ the speed
If you continue to have problems, Check your setup w/ a 10K pot. It should work and then you can disconnect the pot and connect DAC out. Remember and note DAC com is the top lead on your DC-AIO
Dac com to ACM
Dac 0-10V to VI

NExt- The spindle speed in CNC11 and pendant control may run backwards. + went DOWN , while - went UP in RPM. SOLVED:
There is a manual misprint, PD072 and PD073 are written two different way's in the manual. 1 pages lists as PD072/73 as Low/High while another as High/Low.
Swap your values. PS0072 is the HIGH freq and PD073 the low freq on my unit

You do need to enable for REVERSE. PD0023 = 1. Reverse enable.

For the huanyang input called RST: To insure this will issue a VFD reset upon a fault, you need to set PD0046 to '14' This turns RST to a "reset" input. default is 4?

Of course, every install is different and I see numerous web notes about firmware changes, some w/ different codes and defaults, and overall- a varied and inconsistent product. but if you can get it to work, then it's not bad.
Last edited by countryguy on Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:11 pm, edited 9 times in total.
cncsnw

Re: Tip: Huanyang VFD in DC-AIO cnc11

Post by cncsnw »

Try connecting your analog reference to ACM (common) and VI (0-10V reference). I think that AI is for a current-mode analog reference, while VI is for a voltage-mode reference (which is what Centroid has).

Don't be confused by references to an external pot and connection to +10V or +12V in the examples. That (a pot installed as a voltage splitter) is a common way to generate a 0-10V reference, but using a DAC output (like the one on the All-in-one DC unit) is another way. You still connect the 0V side of the DAC to ACM so that you have a common baseline, but you don't need to connect anything to the inverter's +10V or +12V source, because the DAC has its own source.
countryguy

Tip: Huanyang VFD in DC-AIO cnc11

Post by countryguy »

Thanks for the feedback. I have solved everything. All settings and issues put into Original post.
Now I need to calibrate this w/ the Mill itself somehow. as it is a Variable speed Mill, I guess I need to remove the gear/clutch or what ever it is in the head! ! Man... And I thought I was done w/ her for a bit. LOL/. :roll:
Last edited by countryguy on Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
countryguy

Re: 100%- Huanyang VFD in DC-AIO cnc11

Post by countryguy »

Trying to keep this Hunyang VFD post updated as I find / repair issues.

Quick item came up last week w/ Spindle faults on the machine. I use my Mill monthly. Simple CNC parts, but recently had a more complex multi-tool job going. The spindle fault would happen every time in the exact same place in the code.
The Hunyang display read OU-2 I figured since I did not put in a braking resistor and was running 4Krpm w/ aluminum that my fault was deceleration related. In PD-0015, the Deceleration time was set to 2seconds. (PD0015). I upped that to 6 seconds and the issue went away. I did order the appropriate braking resistor as well. :-0 Will put back up to 1.5 or 2secs when I refit the BR in.