**RESOLVED** Motion Oscillation

All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

QTech-llc

**RESOLVED** Motion Oscillation

Post by QTech-llc »

The mill oscillates at the end of a move command. the x,y, and z axis all move. I have been through the axis set up (section 4.1-4.30) and the Diagnostics and Tuning section 5. I can not get the mill to move 1 " @ 120in/min. In section 5.3, If I keep the Velocity at 120 and the acc to 10 and adjust the steps, then the mill is smooth but there is no speed. I am missing a parameter im sure... I just dont know which one
diycncscott

Re: Motion Oscillation

Post by diycncscott »

Hi Qtech,

It sounds like your Kd is not set correctly (too low). I would try increasing it by 25% or so then retry to see if it made an improvement. You'll know if you get it too high because the motors will start to "sing" (high frequency vibrations) while holding. If you go much to high you will observe more violent, higher frequency oscillation/vibration and going too low will introduce lower frequency/slower oscillations.

You don't mention what kind of software you are running but:

In Mach, the PID params are found in Config->Config Plugins->Ajax Plugin->Config

In Centroid CNC10 and CNC11 they are found in F1-Setup ->F3 -Config (pw = 137) F4- PID

Don't forget to SAVE your configuration changes!!!

Regards

Scott Pratt