Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 0916130849
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

tt1 and dp4 and z zero

Post by bloomingtonmike »

Can you set z axis zero with the dp4 and have it work with the tool table for tools and their height offsets measured with the TT1?

I don't have a my dp-4 height offset measured yet. I cant measure it with the tt1 as it is non-conductive.

Do I need to measure that manually and assign that to height offset for tool #10?

If i did that I could see using the part setup probe cycle to find a single axis, probe to the z axis, with tool #10 selected zero the Z axis. That would then work correct?

I am over thinking this I think.
Mikie in Bloomington IL
diycncscott

Re: tt1 and dp4 and z zero

Post by diycncscott »

Sure. Make a note of the value in parameter 44 (TT1 PLC input) and then change it to the same value as that in parameter 11.

Plug in the probe and probe your TT1 just like you did with your other tools when setting the height offsets. The control will see the probe trip and measure your offset for your probe.

Change parameter 44 back and you should be good to go.

WARNING - Test the DP4 in air while in your offset measurement screen to be sure it works before bringing it down to the TT1
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

If i did that I could see using the part setup probe cycle to find a single axis, probe to the z axis, with tool #10 selected zero the Z axis. That would then work correct?
No, you want to use the F4/Auto option on the Part Setup screen itself.

The single-axis cycle on the Probing menu is for measurement and inspection, not for part zero setting. Due to a long-standing bug / implementation error, after it locates the surface, it moves the probe back off the surface by a clearance amount. As a result, if you run a single-axis cycle, then immediately go and set Z zero with F10/Set, you will be setting zero up above the surface.

The F4/Auto cycle does what you want, more expediently. Just enter the coordinate you want (if other than zero); press F4/Auto; and press Cycle Start. The cycle will move the probe down to the surface (using the usual fast-touch, move-clear, slow-touch procedure); stop; and set the Z axis position there. You do not need to press F10/Set when you use F4Auto.
bloomingtonmike
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 0916130849
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by bloomingtonmike »

Got it working tonight. Workes great now. Now have DP4 as my reference tool and have it working great as a z zero tool.

I had the same values in Parm 44 and 11 (entered as requested in the setup manuals for the TT1 and DP4). Is it correct to use the same values for both all the time?
Mikie in Bloomington IL
diycncscott

Post by diycncscott »

Mike,

Yes it is ok as long as you only use 1 at a time. If the DP4 and the TT1 are wired into separate PLC inputs, and parameters 11 & 44 are set accordingly, you can both connected simultaneously.
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

Scott,

What are the consequences of having both a TT1 and a DP4 connected to the same input, in parallel?

As far as I am aware it works just fine, but if you know or have observed something I have not, I would like to hear about it.

Thanks.