DIY Tool Touch off and code until I can afford a TT1??

All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

bloomingtonmike
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 0916130849
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

DIY Tool Touch off and code until I can afford a TT1??

Post by bloomingtonmike »

I need to pay off teh retrofit parts I have now. On my Joes/Mach I made a tool touch off plate out of a piece of copper clad PCB and used a screen that free on the net.

Is there a DIY set of info on doing a similar conductive setup in Centroid until I can get the real deal TT1? Do I have to buy an unlock to get the script to do it in Centroid?

It was just a an input looking for common on the Mach setup that I did before.

Anyone else do this? Ajax, is there a cheaper solution or a software solution we can get if we make our own device?
Mikie in Bloomington IL
bloomingtonmike

Re: DIY Tool Touch off and code until I can afford a TT1??

I sent a PM on this but just in case folks don't reply during the new year holiday but other members might see the forum..

Does anyone know if there is an unlock required for using the probe? If so how much is the unlock code? and can you use a cheaper probe than the DP-4 with centroid?
Mikie in Bloomington IL
AjaxTech
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by AjaxTech »

You are more than welcome to create your own tool touch off mechanism. The Centroid's TT-1(B) is a conductive style tool touch-off device. They also make a non-conductive device, TT-2. Whether you purchase a Centroid device or make your own, you will still need to unlock that feature in order for the control to automatically measure your offsets. The cost for just the Auto Tool Measurement feature is currently $362.50.
bloomingtonmike

Would that also do edge finding (homing X Y and Z) and center finding of a part?
Mikie in Bloomington IL
Centroid_Liviu
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by Centroid_Liviu »

The Automatic Tool Measurement unlock allows you to measure a tool at the touch of a button. The control will move to where you have your tool measurement set up and then bring the tool down to measure it.

Finding edges and the center of a part can be accomplished with a Touch Probe. The Probing Cycles Unlock would be required in this case. The DP-4 probe along with Probing Cycles is available for $1590. A full description of all the probing cycles can be found in Chapter 9 of the Mill Operators Manual.
When requesting support READ THIS POST first. https://www.viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report. To make a report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)
rppman

Post by rppman »

I am just reading about this unlock issue myself because I was thinking of doing the z touch off option.
I have a 2010 model dc310b mpu11. Does this system require an unlock to use this feature? I was quite disappointed
To hear of this because I bought my system because all the build on options I thought it had. Nowhere did it say you needed extra money to use it. The website was a bit different in 2010.
bloomingtonmike

Available does not mean free for sure.
Mikie in Bloomington IL