**RESOLVED** Homing problem ajax lathe

All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

necc

**RESOLVED** Homing problem ajax lathe

Post by necc »

We purchased Ajax cnc lathe#A50176 about four years ago, very limited use since then, we are a community college with an occasional cnc class.
On power up the lathe will not home after hitting x limit switch -it jerks axis violently, makes horrible noise, and produces faults 401, 411, 416, and eventually 436. After 6 power cycles yesterday it did properly home, today it will not. We are parking axis before power down. The x axis limit switch is functioning correctly, NC until activated and then open line. HELP! Thanks in advance.
cncsnw

Re: Homing problem ajax lathe

Post by cncsnw »

To get "401 PLC failure detected" and/or "416 motion fault #xx detected", something needs to be seriously interfering with the operation of your CPU board (CPU7 or CPU10) or your servo drive / PLC unit (SERVO3IO or DC3IO).

Do you get any error messages (besides "407 X+ limit (#4) tripped") if you just trip the X+ limit while the machine is sitting idle?

Is there any sort of external power supply connected in the limit switch input circuit?

Is your servo drive / PLC unit a SERVO3IO or a DC3IO?

Do you know what kind of motors and encoders you have?
necc

Post by necc »

cncsnw, thanks for response, I will answer to the best of my ability, I am a machinist and g code programming instructor, NOT a computer guru or plc repair type! I fired up and was able to jog off x ax limit, if depressed the message is "407 x+ limit (#3) tripped, that is it for messages but notice it is #3 not #4.

No external power supplies??? The machine is as delivered.

It is a DC310.

x axis motor is a brushed DC servomotor, part #4822, SN # 1101-10. I assume the encoder is on the outer end , grey plastic covered, slightly larger than the motor, NO identifiers or numbers.

Thanks again.
necc

Post by necc »

Scott at AJAX has solved my problem--THANKS FOR THE QUICK SERVICE! A sticky slide was the problem. R. P. at NECC
diycncscott

Post by diycncscott »

Thanks for the follow up. Glad to hear your up and running.