**RESOLVED** Yaskawa Sigma I to GPIO4D wiring diagram

All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

achew

**RESOLVED** Yaskawa Sigma I to GPIO4D wiring diagram

Post by achew »

Hi, My first post in this forum. I bought Ajax mach 3 CNC control kit for third party drives with plc. I will like to use the Yaskawa ac servo and drives with this system, the servo motor encoder has 4 wires and a metal shield wire ,the red is 5volts ,black 0volts ,blue and white are signals input shield wire to ground. How do I connect these wires to the mpu11 encoder?
Achew.

Hello Achew,

Hope this helps:
Yaskawa Sigma I to GPIO4D.gif
PDF:
Sigma I to GPIO4D.pdf
(38.62 KiB) Downloaded 391 times
Yaskawa Sigma I to MPU11 encoder diagram.gif
PDF:
Yaskawa Sigma I to MPU11 encoder diagram.pdf
(35.08 KiB) Downloaded 398 times
CNCguy
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: mach 3 kit /Yaskawa ac drive and servo motor.

Post by CNCguy »

What model Yaskawa drives and motors do you have?
achew

Post by achew »

The drive is SGDH-02be and the motor is SGMPH-02aae41.
Last edited by achew on Wed May 19, 2010 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

The encoder signal goes through the Yaskawa servo drive. The encoder on the motor connects only to the drive (to 2CN). You then wire the pulse output lines from the drive (1CN pins 19-20, 33-36, and any SG pin). I usually wire it as follows:

Code: Select all

SGDH 1CN    Centroid DB9         Signal
1                2                 SG (0V)
19               6                 ch. C (Z)
20               3                 ch. C/ (Z/)
33               7                 ch. A
34               4                 ch. A/
35               8                 ch. B
36               5                 ch. B/
Note that you do not connect the 5VDC from the MPU11 to any pin on the drive. The drive's outputs are powered by the drive itself. You only connect 0V to SG to ensure there is no large difference in the signal levels.

You can set Parameter Pn201 to divide down the encoder if you don't want all 16384 lines (65536 counts) output. I usually set Pn201 = 2048, to get 8192 counts/rev. You could probably go higher, though.
achew

Post by achew »

This will take care of the encoder wiring ,how do I wire the drivers to the GPIO4D driver interface & plc board ?
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

See http://www.cncsnw.com/YaskawaNOPTIC1Cable.htm for an example of the interface between an SGDH drive and Centroid's earlier NOPTIC1 board.

In that example, I have an external 24VDC power supply connected through TB1 to supply both my PLC inputs and the Yaskawa interface circuits.

You will have to make the necessary translations to your MPU11 and GPIO4D (or OPTIC4?) system.
achew

Post by achew »

Thank very much for the info cncsnw , I will get started first thing next week and will keep you updated with my progress.
wave a great weekend.
achew

Post by achew »

HI CNCSNW, I got all my wires to the DB9M connector on the MPU11 board, I am having problems with the GPIO4D connections I am not sure what goes where from the OPTIC1 board
The GPIO4D has 7 pins to the drive and OPTIC1 has 12 pins ? The GPIO4D connections on Axis 1 are ,out com , brake out , enable out (out 17) , fault com , fault in (out 17) , analog com , analog. I am stuck need help.
achew

Post by achew »

OK This Is what I can make of these connections for the Yaskawa 1Cn to NOPTIC1 to GPIO4D.
1CN pins = NOPTIC1 = GPIO4D

9 = NOPTIC/SIGNAL = ANALOG

10 = NOPTIC/GRN = ANALOG COM

29 = RLY/COIL = BRAKE OUT

30 = TBI/0VDC = COM

31 = PLC/INPnn = FAULT IN

32 = PREV DRIVE/31 = FAULT COM

40 = REL4/NO = ENABLE OUT

Am I Correct ? Any input will be welcome.
cncsnw

Re: Yaskawa Sigma I to GPIO4D wiring diagram

Post by cncsnw »

9 = NOPTIC/SIGNAL = ANALOG
10 = NOPTIC/GRN = ANALOG COM
29 = RLY/COIL = BRAKE OUT
30 = TBI/0VDC = COM
31 = PLC/INPnn = FAULT IN
32 = PREV DRIVE/31 = FAULT COM
40 = REL4/NO = ENABLE OUT
9 and 10 would be correct: analog torque reference to the drive.

You do *not* connect 29/30 to the GPIO4D brake outputs. You either use the drive's 29/30 pins to control an external relay to release the servo motor's brake; or you use the GPIO4D's brake output to control an external relay to release the servo motor's brake; or, if your servo motors don't have brakes, then you don't connect anything to either device's brake output.

You probably need a common somewhere for the other side of the enable signal from GPIO4D to pin 40.

Right now I am busy with work for my paying customers. If you would like me to review the GPIO4D and Yaskawa documentation, and provide you with detailed wiring and setup instructions specific to your situation, I can do that at my usual hourly rate for off-site support and consulting. Contact me if you are interested.