**RESOLVED** spindle

All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

sml

**RESOLVED** spindle

Post by sml »

Hi
Can anyone tell me , can i have a spindle pressure sensor for my milling machine by centroid software ?
What instrument i need for this ability on my spindle?
thank you
CNCguy
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: spindle

Post by CNCguy »

When you say "spindle pressure sensor" , do you mean to sense the amount of torque the spindle is exerting to turn the tool (spindle load),
or the amount of straight line force that the tool is experiencing as it is being pushed through the workpiece? :?:
sml

Post by sml »

Hi my friend
What kind of this factor is usually use in the cnc machine(Torque or straight line force)?
Thank you :!:
diycncscott

Post by diycncscott »

Hi SML

I believe you are asking about a spindle load meter?

If you have a VFD, check the documentation. Most VFD's have an analog output that can be configured to provide a 0-10VDC output voltage that correlates directly to the spindle load. Older machines with DC spindles often used a shunt in series with the load with a meter across the shunt. The resistance of the shunt & voltage dropped across the shunt correlates to the load (current draw) on the spindle.

You could use the PLC and one of our analog I/O boards to monitor the spindle load and display a message if a threshold is exceeded. Are you just trying to see what the load is or do you need to act in some way on the information?