All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

Landon
CNC Control System Serial Number: none

Post by Landon »

So I have been able to get some movement out of the machine via the arrow keys on the computer only (not on the control pendent) but every time I do, I get (Status: axis_ position error) for whatever axis I move and the E-stop is tripped. Further, when I turn on the spindle the z axis moves + as well then (Status: axis Z position error)
Centroid_Tech

Re: Status: axis position error

Post by Centroid_Tech »

Landon,

http://www.ajaxcnc.com/ajaxbb/viewtopic ... 0&t=10#p10

Go to the link above for the Mach3 Ajax manual. It sounds like your encoder inputs are not mapped correctly. With the system powered up, push the estop in and turn your motors by hand do you see the appropriate axis count on the display?

If not correct your settings and test again.
When requesting support, please ALWAYS post a current report. Find out how to take a report from your Acorn, CNC11 or CNC10 system here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

If your question is PLC, Macro or program related, please also post a copy of the program or macro as well.

Without the above information we may not be able to help and/or reply until the required information is posted..
Landon

Post by Landon »

Encoders are correct. I don't have spindle speed control either. I may be missing some sort of mach 3 brain for that one, there are pneumatic solenoids controlling the speed +- and spindle brake functions. These are wired to the (H5) aux outs 3. How do I get them to work? Do I need to make a brain for that?
diycncscott

Post by diycncscott »

Landon wrote:Encoders are correct. I don't have spindle speed control either. I may be missing some sort of mach 3 brain for that one, there are pneumatic solenoids controlling the speed +- and spindle brake functions. These are wired to the (H5) aux outs 3. How do I get them to work? Do I need to make a brain for that?

Landon,

Please send the following files to tech@ajaxcnc.com:

From your Mach3 directory: Mach3Mill.xml

From the Ajax sub directory of Mach3: Ajaxlog.txt & Machajax.xml

Thanks

Scott
Landon

Post by Landon »

so I've written all the brains for the machine to get it to 'behave' but I still haven't solved the axis position error thing. I am pretty sure that I have not properly set up the encoders/servos in mach 3 and I keep going over the same parts of the setup manual in hopes of finding the missing voodoo but to no avail.

please help

others grow impatient with me

Landon 541-579-0526
landon@arcimoto.com
Attachments
machajax.xml
(2.53 KiB) Downloaded 404 times
ajaxlog.txt
(63.25 KiB) Downloaded 434 times
Centroid_Tech

Post by Centroid_Tech »

Landon,

With the motor shafts facing you turn them CW does the DRO in the software count in the minus or plus direction?

Standard encoder wiring it should count minus in CW direction and plus in CCW direction. If it doesn't you need to swap your A and B channels. (i.e. A with B and A- with B-)
When requesting support, please ALWAYS post a current report. Find out how to take a report from your Acorn, CNC11 or CNC10 system here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

If your question is PLC, Macro or program related, please also post a copy of the program or macro as well.

Without the above information we may not be able to help and/or reply until the required information is posted..