**RESOLVED** logic power problem

All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

Landon
CNC Control System Serial Number: none

**RESOLVED** logic power problem

Post by Landon »

I'm getting an error code 1 on the dc3iob which means the logic power supply is not operating within spec. It is being supplied with 124VAC and the voltage selector is set to 110 so everything should be fine but.........error 1. is the logic power supply dead? It is only spitting out .2 volts on the yellow wire and the specs say yellow is 12VDC+
Centroid_Tech

Re: logic power problem

Post by Centroid_Tech »

Landon,

Do you have another ATX PS that you could connect to the DC3IOB and power it up to see if it still gets the flashing "1" on the 7-segment display.

Also what is your control serial number or System ID number. The System ID number is written on a sticker on your MPU11 card.

What brand is the ATX PS mounted on the DC3IOB?
When requesting support, please ALWAYS post a current report. Find out how to take a report from your Acorn, CNC11 or CNC10 system here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

If your question is PLC, Macro or program related, please also post a copy of the program or macro as well.

Without the above information we may not be able to help and/or reply until the required information is posted..
Landon

Post by Landon »

The Ajax system # is 0122100138
Power Supply: Logisys Micro ATX ps350ma
The status is now total PS failure. No 5VDC or anything not even the fan comes on. I popped it open and the fuse on the board is good and there is no sign of anything wrong. Must be factory defect.
Centroid_Tech

Post by Centroid_Tech »

Landon,

Can you email me your control serial number? So I can look up your system. If your system is under warranty I will send you a replacement ATX PS.

Ajax_tech
tech@ajaxcnc.com
When requesting support, please ALWAYS post a current report. Find out how to take a report from your Acorn, CNC11 or CNC10 system here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

If your question is PLC, Macro or program related, please also post a copy of the program or macro as well.

Without the above information we may not be able to help and/or reply until the required information is posted..
Landon

Post by Landon »

What The Heck!!!!!!! OK so the ps is back online! 12V good, 5V good, 3.3V good, pg wire good. Still have the error 1. Tried changing the ps all together and still error 1. What do I do now?
The Ajax system # is 0122100138
diycncscott

Post by diycncscott »

Landon,

It sounds as though something is pulling down the PS. Those power supplies are designed to shutdown if too much current is being pulled on any of the the supply lines and will self reset when power is removed.

Please disconnect all external devices from the DC3IOB (nothing should be connected to the ATX power supply or any of the I/O headers), jumper the Estop input to input common and defeat the limits as shown here:
http://www.ajaxcnc.com/ajaxbb/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=17

Power back up and report your results
Landon

Post by Landon »

solved