All in 1 DC/Bridgeport retrofit question

All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

Eric Barnett
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: BGJBGGABJ (1011110304)
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

All in 1 DC/Bridgeport retrofit question

Post by Eric Barnett »

I'm retrofitting my Bridgeport with an Allin1DC and have run into a snag.

I made it to section 7.8.1 in the manual. Everything worked good up until now but here is what is happening:

I start CNC11, once it is ready I push F3 for MDI, I enter "M26/x/y/z", I get all zeros on the digital readout, and up until this point everything seems to be fine.

Next I enter "alt and s" because the screen is prompting me to hit cycle start. Nothing happens when I do this. I can hit "alt j" to bring up the keyboard jogging screen but I can not toggle the feed rate, and I can not get any motion.

Does anyone have any info for me? I have traced my wiring and everything seems good. I have everything numbered so it is very clear. I do not have contactor 3 or 4 wired yet because I have not gotten to the spindle motor wiring.
AjaxTech
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: All in 1 DC/Bridgeport retrofit question

Post by AjaxTech »

M26 sets the absolute encoder position to 0. If you have an M26 /x, when Cycle Start is pressed, it will set the absolute encoder position to 0 and therefore your DRO for the X axis will be 0. Therefore when you pressed Cycle Start, it did what it was supposed to do.

What is the feedrate that is being displayed? Is it 100% or 0%. If it is 0%, that would explain why you can't jog. I would change parameter 170 to 5 to see if that fixes your problem.
Eric Barnett

Post by Eric Barnett »

I hadn't entered my unlock codes so that was part of the problem. I entered them and wasn't having any luck but then I changed parameter 170 to 5.0, as you suggested. Thanks for that. After entering this I can now hit "CTRL S" and the cycle start prompt goes away.

Now to moving, and my next problem.

I can move X+, but not X-, I can move y- but not Y+, if I try to move the Z axis at all it shuts down and I get an error and a warning that reads: "Z axis full power with no movement".

Any info for me on this?
Eric Barnett

Post by Eric Barnett »

After trying for a few more minutes I got it to jog in both directions on the X and Y axes. It is glitchy though, sometimes it won't move in certain directions.

The Z axis problem is still happening though. As soon as I hit the Z + or - button the power bar shoots into the red and it shuts down.

I checked the wiring on the Allin1DC side of things, everything looks good.
Eric Barnett

Post by Eric Barnett »

I should probably add that there is no mechanical bind, and the pulley will turn by hand. When I turn it the encoder it does register the movement.
Centroid_Liviu

Post by Centroid_Liviu »

Please email us a report from your system. From the main screen in CNC11, press F7(Utility)->F7(Report)->highlight the USB drive->F10(Accept). When completed successfully, you will have 3 files - install.bat, report.txt, and report.zip. Email us the report.zip file.

Have you checked your limit switches for the Z-axis? Do you have a flashing number or a solid number on the 7-segment display on the ALLIN1DC? If it is a flashing number, what number is it? Have you tried swapping the motors to see if it is an issue with the motor? Is the Z-axis encoder connected to the correct encoder input? Thanks.
When requesting support READ THIS POST first. https://www.viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report. To make a report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)
Eric Barnett

Post by Eric Barnett »

Email sent, I really hope to get this sorted out soon.
AjaxTech

Post by AjaxTech »

If you jog an axis to a limit switch, the ALLIN1DC will NOT allow you to continue jogging in that direction. It will, however, allow you to jog in the opposite direction. You DO NOT have to defeat the limits in order to achieve this. If you do, you do not have something wired correctly. It could be that you require direction reversal to be turned ON for that axis. If you jog each axis, does the table move in the correct direction? Remember that the axis jog button direction follows the tool not the table. That means that if you hit the X+ jog button, which is located on the right, the table should move to the left. If you hit the Y+ jog button, which is located on the top, the table should move towards you. If it doesn’t act like that, you probably need to turn direction reversal ON and tech bulletin 137 http://www.centroidcnc.com/dealersuppor ... p?TBID=137 walks you through that process.

If you have a flashing 4 on the ALLIN1DC, that means that the ALLIN1DC is seeing a limit tripped. Looking at your report, it states that you are using all of your limit switch inputs, inputs 1 thru 6. In your email you stated that you are using only 1 limit switch input for X and Y. If that is the case, you NEED to tell the software that you are using only 1 input and the correct input that you are using and defeat the input that you are not using on the ALLIN1DC. In order to change that, from the main screen press F1(Setup)->F3(Config)->default password is 137->F2(Mach.)->F2(Motor). A value of 0 in the Limit and Home columns designates that you are not using an input. After you make your changes, you will need to press F10(Save). In your email you only mentioned X and Y, what about Z? Do you not have limit switches for the Z-axis? If that is the case, you have to follow the above as well for the Z axis. That is most likely why you can’t jog the Z-axis and get into MDI. To help you out, if you press ALT+I from the main screen, it will bring up the PLC Diagnostic. Inputs 1 thru 6 NEED to be GREEN in order to be able to jog the axes. If they are not, that will prevent you from jogging an axis in that particular direction.

The reason you are seeing that white box is because you have not yet run System Test. Attached is a document that will help you pass it. If you still have issues with System Test you can search our forum to find resolutions to similar issues that you may find. Once System Test has successfully passed, that white box will become a picture of a Mill machine.
Attachments
Systemtest.pdf
(130.45 KiB) Downloaded 296 times
Eric Barnett

Post by Eric Barnett »

I've been communicating with Scott via email but I'm going to post some of my progress here to try to get some weekend help. I can only access this machine after business hours so it is making it a bit of a pain to try to troubleshoot it.

I was on a limit, so I couldn't start the MDI mode. Once I got that straightened out I was able to job the machine but here is the main problem:

I can not move the z axis without it faulting out. As soon as I hit the z up or z down buttons the machine shuts down, and I get an error: "full power with no movement".

I switched the wires and controlled the z servo with the Y output. It works fine, there is nothing wrong with the servo.

I when I tried to control the Y servo with the Z output it errored again. Obviously it is a problem with the Z drive, right?
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

Do you have Z axis limit switches installed and connected?

Even if there are no Z limit switches, INP5 and INP6 must be closed to permit Z movement. Use the defeater switches or wire jumpers. Use the Alt-i PLC Diagnostic display to confirm that INP5 and INP6 are both green (closed).

Each axis output has a fuse (1/4" ceramic, in a clip above the motor power output terminals). Is your Axis 3 fuse blown?