CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

*** RESOLVED ***where to begin with ajax board and 3rd party

Post by Mach 3$ »

Hello,
Well where to begin! lets start at the beginning,
I'm tring to come up with a recipe for building a 3 axis Cnc mill, I have 3 Emerson EN-208 DRIVES & 3 MGM 340 Servo motors the drives are rated at 17amps Max 240 volt single phase each and the
motors are rated at 13 amp peak DC with 48inch lb continous torque. Are these to big to use with the mpu11 and THE GPIO4U setup like Ajax show's on there site it says the boards I/o are expandable. I also would like to know where I go with my main 240 volt power line does this go
directly to the drives and if so do I need some kinda regulator to not burn up the drives this is
Prolly simple wiring stuff like breakers maybe. I'm not sure how all this ties together. IF anyone has a link or pictures of the extra stuff I will need to build this electrical enclosure, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. Emerson say's I will need a 12 kva transformer and a 30volt DC power supply as well. A transformer that big is about 175lbs, that sounds like overkill to me,can this be wired with out it
Centroid_Liviu
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: where to begin with ajax board and 3rd party drives

Post by Centroid_Liviu »

The MPU11/GPIO4D will have no problem with those servomotors being that big, the GPIO4D is designed to be used with 3rd party drives as you are planning on doing. In regard to the wiring I would recommended you follow the suggestions of the manufacture.
When requesting support READ THIS POST first. https://www.viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report. To make a report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)
Mach 3$
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: where to begin with ajax board and 3rd party drives

Post by Mach 3$ »

Thank you for the reply