bonestock
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

*** RESOLVED*** CNC11 Jog Panel Communication Fault

Post by bonestock »

Before I hosed my firmware (soon to be resolved with a boot stick) I was trying to evaluate CNC11 and compare it to my experience thus far with Mach. My issue seems to be due to CNC11 reporting a Jog Panel Communication fault and not allowing me to perform any MDI commands or to enable the servos.

First, I am running CNC11 3.04 and do not have a Jog Panel installed.

Some searching through the forum and the 3.00 Operators has indicated that Parameters 140 and 170 need to be set in addition to the Console Type.

In CNC11 3.04 the “Console Type” option is missing under (F1/Setup, F3/Config, F1/Control). I suspect this is why CNC11 or the board are still looking for a Jog Panel that is not installed.
Centroid_Liviu
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: CNC11 Jog Panel Communication Fault

Post by Centroid_Liviu »

On that same screen do you have "Jog Panel Required:" set to No?
When requesting support READ THIS POST first. https://www.viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report. To make a report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)
bonestock

Post by bonestock »

I am fairly certain Jog Panel Required was set to No. It was because of this, and several hours of troubleshooting, I compiled a few plc files to ensure JogPanelRequired_M was disabled.
bonestock

Post by bonestock »

Confirmed: Jog Panel Required is set to No, but I am still unable to continue the CNC11 installation instructions since this fault will not allow me to access the MDI screen.

Reviewing the error logs shows this Jog Panel fault is the only fault that is not cleared.
bonestock

Post by bonestock »

bonestock wrote:Confirmed: Jog Panel Required is set to No, but I am still unable to continue the CNC11 installation instructions since this fault will not allow me to access the MDI screen.

Reviewing the error logs shows this Jog Panel fault is the only fault that is not cleared.
I managed to bypass the Jog Panel communication fault by setting "IF True THEN RST JogPanelRequired_M" as instructed in the PLC code. That led me to a spindle fault that apparently was not being cleared as I thought it was.

I have confirmed that Input 10 is closed. Additionally I have attempted to set parameter 178 to invert this signal still to no avail. Memory address 56 is still showing a non-zero value according to the CNC11 input menu (alt+i).----Hmm as I was typing this and reviewing the CNC11 operators manual, I suspect I may have misinterpreted the setting I needed to use to invert the Spindle fault. I will attempt setting a different bit value.

In the mean-time, Ajax what is the proper way to avoid the Jog Panel Communication In Fault? Setting 'Jog Panel Required' does not seem to do the trick for me in CNC11 3.04. The only means I have found to correct this is to edit the PLC.
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

When the current PLC programs were written, CNC11 v3.04 was not in wide use, and the PLC program could not reliably determine whether a jog panel was required or not.

In those circumstances, there was no choice but to use the unconditional line you saw in LoadParametersStage, e.g.:

Code: Select all

IF True THEN SET JogPanelRequired_M
If you are running CNC11 v3.04 or newer, then you can change the PLC program to say:

Code: Select all

IF SV_JOG_PANEL_REQUIRED THEN (JogPanelRequired_M)
Then your PLC program will respect the "Jog Panel Required" setting on the Control Configuration screen.