***READ FIRST BEFORE POSTING*** Report.zip, Photos are required.

All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

Centroid_Tech

***READ FIRST BEFORE POSTING*** Report.zip, Photos are required.

Post by Centroid_Tech »

In order for us here at Centroid to help you in a timely manner there is some critical information we need from you when you post a question.

You must post a Report.zip file otherwise will may not respond to the post since we would just be guessing.
The report.zip needs to be attached to your post.. viewtopic.php?f=60&t=943
(Note: A report contains NO personal information, simply the CNC and machine systems parameter settings, faults encountered in a message log, and PLC program being used. this way we can "see" how the CNC system is configured and give you good direction.)
PHOTOS! Post photos of the Machine Tool, the Electrical cabinet and the Operators console. A picture is worth a thousand words holds true for CNC tech support. Even a photo you may think is of no value may lead us to help you with your questions. Post photos here on the forum or use one of the many free photo album sites online and post a link. there is no excuse not to post photos at this day and age when everyone has a phone that takes great photos. If you are going to ask for our time, please spend a few minutes and post images of the system so we can See what you have and give you good advice.

In a rare cases you can't make a report. then we at least require the cnc system serial number and the software version be used to be included with the post.

Centroid kit serial number or system ID (Key-A) number: (i.e. A900123, 0714110123)
Software version: CNC10, CNC11, CNC12 version number can be found on the setup screen or utility screen.

How to Find Control Serial/System ID (Key-A) Number

1- Can be found on the Centroid Unlock sheet that was shipped with the control.
2- On the bottom right-hand side of the CNC11/12 software.
CNC11_key_A1.jpg
3- Hand written on a sticker on certain components (i.e. MPU11 or Allin1DC) See pictures below, where the sticker is circled in red. Note: for the Allin1DC you will need to remove the gold cover plate.
MPU11 Key-A location.
MPU11 Key-A location.
Allin1DC Key-A location.
Allin1DC Key-A location.
CPU10B Key-A location.
CPU10B Key-A location.

When posting to the Forum it is imperative that you follow these Posting Guidelines

For a specific, timely answers to any questions on this forum, please take a few minutes to supply us with the information we need to answer your questions.

Include the following with your questions and requests for technical support.

1.) Attach a current REPORT.ZIP file.
The report.zip file contains error message logs, change logs, cnc configuration settings and plc program information. The Centroid CNC controller can be configured in an unlimited number of ways. Without this report.zip file we have no idea how you have your particular system is configured. So, without a FRESH Report.zip file you are asking us to guess at what is going on. Be advised without a Report.zip file, it drags out the time it takes to get to a resolution or no resolution or help at all! :-) So, please take 25 seconds and create and attach a report.zip file to your forum posts and we will all be happier. If you do not know what a report.zip file is, see this video here. viewtopic.php?f=63&t=943 and always post a Current report (not one from three weeks ago!)

2.) Include a list of the components used in the CNC system with Manuals and Schematics for non Centroid components.
What drives, motors, switches, etc. are being used? INCLUDE attachments or links to the axis drive and vfd manuals! Attach the CNC system schematic being followed (or the one you created yourself) that shows these connections. Add photos of these components and of the CNC installation. Use any one of the free online photo album services and post a comprehensive set of photos documenting your project and include it with your question so we can see what you are doing. Include links or copies of the Spec Sheets, User Manuals of the axis motor drives and spindle motor drive. etc..etc.

3.) What kind of Machine? POST PHOTOS.
We can not stress enough the importance of PHOTOS. PHOTOS are key to us being able to see what you see. Post a description and photos of the machine tool and all its cnc controlled accessories. Picture is worth a thousand words and clears up misunderstanding instantly. The best way is to use a free online photo album service like Google Photos. Upload large high resolution images to the Google Photos, create an Album, put all your photos in one album and click "share" and then "get link" and copy the link it generates and post in your thread, then any one with the link can view the photos. https://youtu.be/yffppUwzKIU
we suggest that all users create an online photo album using any one of the many free photo services like Google photos. This allows all your machine and control photos to be in ONE location and provides a "history" of your machine/project, then you can easily post one link here in the forum and we can see all the photos or just the one you want to show us.. examples... Marty, Kai and I have been using google photo albums for this.. here is an example. https://photos.app.goo.gl/foisQ42QZEbmA4Nv1

4.) Include Screen Shots.
Make them with the built-in free Windows Snipping Tool to show us exactly what you are seeing. Here is a video showing how to do this. https://youtu.be/IfjjCiyAPCo

5.) Include the CNCPC specs, cpu, ram, hd, OS, Touch Screen used and description of any other method of operator control being used.

For ACORN USERS be sure to LOOK at these links below before posting a question.

Acorn Setup Videos https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... guide.html

Acorn CNC Videos. viewforum.php?f=63

Acorn Tech Tips, Knowledge Base viewforum.php?f=63

and be sure to use the Search Feature to find posts about the subject your are interested in here is how.
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=205
When requesting support, please ALWAYS post a current report. Find out how to take a report from your Acorn, CNC11 or CNC10 system here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

If your question is PLC, Macro or program related, please also post a copy of the program or macro as well.

Without the above information we may not be able to help and/or reply until the required information is posted..
Gmd
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: ***READ FIRST BEFORE POSTING*** Report.zip, Photos are required.

Post by Gmd »

I recently purchased a all-in-one cnc conversion for my Bridgeport v2xt. I'm in the middle of the do it yourself project. I was curious on the thought of putting a vfd in now? Advantages ? How hard? Thanks
polaraligned
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 1030090103
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes

Post by polaraligned »

Gmd wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:48 am I recently purchased a all-in-one cnc conversion for my Bridgeport v2xt. I'm in the middle of the do it yourself project. I was curious on the thought of putting a vfd in now? Advantages ? How hard? Thanks
I would suggest starting another thread rather than posting in this one, but to answer your question it is quite easy. For starters, if you don't have 3 phase power in your shop you will need a converter and the VFD is one of several types that will work. Advantage is that it is smaller and less expensive (and noisy) than a rotary converter. It allows motor to operate at full power rating whereas a static converter does not. It also allows speed control over your spindle motor- up to a point. The vfd will allow a constant torque output from the motor, but as the speed drops so does the spindle power output therefore you still have need for mechanical reduction - such as your back gear- for low RPM's. All in all, they are the only way to go in the 3 hp range and under.
fuoss
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: E0623482EBOF-0608226302

Post by fuoss »

I would like to request a technician to do a teamviewer session please let me know, when. Thank you
Attachments
635B585A-F319-44B3-A2D2-CB31A72507EC.jpeg
80BC2441-6619-4AAA-8E46-B31351C414E7.jpeg
5AC807A1-87D1-4363-89CF-1FD6F4195AB6.jpeg
5614C71B-8B6B-4DC8-8435-E50262D51990.jpeg
DFB4B28C-8D67-403E-9FC7-4AC46D32DE0E.jpeg
0150A1F4-088C-4BD6-9442-5C9B2D583685.jpeg
2CE28A14-C7B4-4DA0-A732-302E65E4B572.jpeg
C841F47F-4111-44AA-B08A-5BAFEB294E0E.jpeg
418E2425-C819-40F7-AEEE-7875ACB14EF8.jpeg
report_0008C111213-0327232941_2023-04-13_12-09-52 .zip
(4.58 MiB) Downloaded 13 times
fuoss
CNC Control System Serial Number: E0623482EBOF-0608226302

Post by fuoss »

I had to post again to add more pictures
Attachments
143B784B-EFCF-40F7-89B3-9FF8C35F59E1.jpeg
D2946DCB-352A-424E-8A51-B7BEC63F6FA2.jpeg
CB0F03E0-8DE8-48D3-8875-F18D6BF70FE8.jpeg
0DC3CDDA-F2F2-49C7-9571-9005BB5BE49B.jpeg
15083ADC-D880-421B-8A72-FD13B17CE477.jpeg
cnckeith
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

please don't post questions in this thread. start a new thread
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
cnckeith
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

i moved your post to its own thread, here.
https://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=8632
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html