**RESOLVED** CNC11 update

All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

converterking

Re: CNC11 update

Post by converterking »

I installed Windows 7 Pro on the hard drive and did a new install of cnc11 and dc3io plc. It wont jog x- and stays in slow jog. It homed ok but if you try to turn on the spindle either manually or mdi it faults out "undefined plc message 34". Inputs 769-784 are green. I will be emailing a report file to support@ajaxcnc.com thanks, Terry
converterking

Post by converterking »

I reinstalled cnc11 rev 34 on the hard drive with Windows 7 pro (Windows xp pro before) and it runs ok.
converterking

Post by converterking »

When running cnc10 rev34 autotune doesn't work,hi/lo spindle doesn't work and programs dont load properly. When i update to the latest software x+ in the jog panel doesn't work and the spindle commands dont work either manually or by mdi. I have emailed you reports and never get a reply. This has ben going on since Thanksgiving. What is the solution?
diycncscott

Post by diycncscott »

Please see below:

CNC11 install for Windows (Used with ethernet based MPU11 systems only):
http://ajaxcnc.com/tech/downloads/softw ... /index.php
Unzip the files contained in the above zip file to the directory of your choice and then double click "setup.exe" to perform the installation.

NOTE: We recommend that all CNC11 Windows users install the current version of CNC11 from the link above. Do NOT run the PLC installer as this will overwrite your existng configuration files and require that you to re-enter your revs/inch, direction reversal, unlocks etc.. If you wish to update to the latest PLC program for your machine, please see this post:
http://ajaxcnc.com/ajaxbb/viewtopic.php ... a82589de7e

When you are done -poweroff the system and then power back up.

If you have any problems at that point, please create a report and email it to tech@ajaxcnc.com - do NOT re-install v34
converterking

Post by converterking »

I installed the new program. X+ doesnt jog, spindle doesnt work ,fast slow jog button doesnt work. I emailed you a report. In a couple of hours I have to run a job and will reinstall ver 34
converterking

Post by converterking »

Any news? What will it take to make this machine run? If the problems are caused by this being an early control lets update it to the latest control.Ajax used to make a good control, this one should never have been released.
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

I am pretty sure that any time you update from CNC11 v3.00 rev34 (or earlier) to a reasonably-current version (say, something since last February) you need to also update your PLC program because the jog pendant key mapping was changed.

See http://ajaxcnc.com/ajaxbb/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=64 for links to current PLC programs for various control configurations.
diycncscott

Post by diycncscott »

The (recent) problem ConverterKing was having was related to the probe/mpg inputs being inverted on his early rev MPU11 board. With those inputs inverted, the PLC detected a probe connected and a probe tripped condition. The probed detect disables the spindle and the probe tripped disables jogging in the direction that machine was being jogged when the trip was detected - which in this case would have been whatever jog key he happened to try.

Rather than change the PLC program to address the issue, we have sent him a current rev MPU11 which will clear up his last remaining issues.
converterking

Post by converterking »

Scott, when was this shipped? I will be leaving Wed and want to make sure that someone is around when it arrives. thanks, Terry
diycncscott

Post by diycncscott »

Terry,

UPS tracking shows that it is out for delivery as we speak.

UPS tracking: 1Z2586170345736353