**RESOLVED** Power

All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

sml

**RESOLVED** Power

Post by sml »

Hi
Is any body know about the power of Ajax kids(MPU11,DC3IO)?
Can it able to work 20 hour per day?
How many days it can work with 20 hour per day?
Thank you
diycncscott

Re: Power

Post by diycncscott »

Hi,

There is no reason you can't run 24x7 -in fact many Ajax users do just that in commercial production enviroments.

Regards

Scott
cnckeith
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

sml,
hello. yes the dc3io mpu11 are very robust. 100% duty cycle. One customer of mine, Dennis Parton of Tectonics recently had me upgrade two of his old CNC PC's to the latest version to gain (some new features like USB stick, linux instead of dos etc..) He has two 4'x4' Magnum routers circa 1998 that for last 12 years have run continuously doing motion intensive 3D surfacing cutting G10. In the 12 years he never needed a servo motor, servo drive , or CNC CPU. He actually wore out the linear rails on both machines!! which were recently upgraded at the same time as the new PC's. What also cool, is how many CNC controls out there can you put an all new PC, all new CPU (he upgraded from old cnc7 card to CNC10 PCI), all new operating system on 12 year old drives and servo motors and have it plug together work out of the box? (A simple back up the old DOS CNC config and update to the new linux version was all it took.) The new software also runs his machine faster and smoother which increased his surface finish and his production at the same time. All for under $1200 in total parts per machine. unreal. What kind of cnc work did you have in mind when you asked the question? -keith
dp3.JPG
dp2.JPG
dp1.JPG
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
sml

Post by sml »

Hi keith
Thank you for your answer.
I have a five machine that doesn't turn off more than 6 hour per day .I asked a question for the power of ajacnc kid(DC3IO & GPIO4D).
Thank you