**RESOLVED** MPG2 wiring and MPU11

All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

diycncscott

Re: MPG2 wiring and MPU11

Post by diycncscott »

If you wired your MPG into the MPG header on the MPU11 following the Ajax MPG wiring diagram, the Ajax MPG Brains should work fine.
rppman

Post by rppman »

Hello Scott, yes I did wire per mpu11 output/inputs. I have a question a bit off topic. I am having trouble getting my 90v to the dc310b. I have 91v out of the cap. And then the hot runs into T4(in) and then L4(out) on my e-stop contactor which I am not sure wht I didn't run L4(in) but does it matter being its just a contact? I have 26v accross the contactor coil. I just don't know why I don't have 91v at the dc310b. Should I switch L4 as hot input and t4 as output?
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

While it is good practice to wire a contactor in the intended direction, with the L terminals on the live side and the T terminals on the load side, functionally it doesn't make any difference.

You need to look at several things:
1) Is the contactor actually closing when you release the E-stop button and put 26VAC to the coil?
2) Are you getting your 90VDC to the VM+ and VM- terminals of the DC3IOB?
3) If not, split your DC voltage measurement in several ways:
a) Black test lead on the minus terminal of the cap, Red lead on the live side of the contactor (T4 in your case)
b) Black test lead on the minus terminal of the cap, Red lead on the load side of the contactor (L4 in your case)
c) Black test lead on the VM- terminal of the DC3IOB, Red lead on the plus terminal of the cap
d) ... and so on, until you isolate the point your voltage is not getting through.
rppman

Post by rppman »

Ok I will try those sugestions. I have one more problem I am dealing with. The x axis and y axis are switched. Do I just switch around the encoder plugs and power till they match my mach 3 screen. The mpu11 and dc310b are just labeled axis 1,2,3. I have not been able to locate any documentation that tells me which is which. Thanks for the help.
diycncscott

Post by diycncscott »

Hello

On a 3 axis DC3IOB system, Axis 1 is the X axis, Axis 2 is the Y and Axis 3 is the Z. Your motor power leads should be wired to the drive in that order and your encoders should be connected to the MPU11 in the same order: X encoder to encoder input #1, Y encoder to encoder input #2 and Z encoder to encoder input #3.

FWIW You could re-map the axes in the software configuration for the Ajax plugin or CNC11 software but it is not recommended nor supported as a standard configuration.
rppman

Post by rppman »

I had my encoders mixed up on my mpu11. I followed your directions above and this problem is solved. Onto the next. I installed my line driver chip last night in my mpg2 and loaded the ajax mpg brains. So far, it seems I don't have any power to the mpg. I will check connections and troubleshoot tonight.
rppman

Post by rppman »

Well I checked everthing and I discoverred I have all the wires backwards in the mpu11 plug. Well I rewired the plug and now I have power to all the switched but I am not getting any movement. I noticed earlier in this thread (rallyrat) Lee, had the same issue. He said he installed the v1.10 plug in and it worked. I will have to check but I am pretty sure I have the most up to date version. I enabled the ajax brains in "brains control". Not really sure what else to do? Do I need to enable anything else?
rppman

Post by rppman »

I got the mpg up and going...sucess!!!... I had the wire that was COM for the switches hooked up to 5v. Oops. Disconnected it and provided a ground and everything works. I had to adjust the units to 4.00 so I would get .100" on the DRO when I turned the wheel one turn around. Thanks for everyone's help.
diycncscott

Post by diycncscott »

Hi RPMAN,

Glad to hear you're up and running. Thanks for keeping us updated on your progress.

Scott
petecul
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by petecul »

rppman wrote:I got the mpg up and going...sucess!!!... I had the wire that was COM for the switches hooked up to 5v. Oops. Disconnected it and provided a ground and everything works. I had to adjust the units to 4.00 so I would get .100" on the DRO when I turned the wheel one turn around. Thanks for everyone's help.
Hi rppman,

Which type of connector did you use to plug your mpg into the mpu11 (femele socket)? Could you let me know what make/part number it is?

regards
petecul

http://picasaweb.google.com/plduchesne/ ... directlink