Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Part 0 set, touch off location and Z height

Post by runner »

I am planning to buy Acorn DIY kit. I've done some research and red some posts where free Acorn software was written for 1 tool as Mach3 previously with no intention to use other tools. Many people have been waiting for Macro6 changes in V12, so they can mount other tools and record Z value.
viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1440

I've also seen the post for the router Z height touch off plate, but not for finding X0, Y0. I think Scott posted Macro6 on the forum.

Here is what i want to be able to do on my mill:

1. Mount custom 3D (hobby version) probe into the spindle at the touch off plate location (TPL). Hit cycle Start. 3D probe tool should go to TPL touch the top of the plate with the tip of the probe and go to Z max point height, to where it was mounted.

2. I want to manually jog to the part (approximately 0.100" on top of Z, 0.25" from X and Y point). The tool should automatically move to X, Y, Z location (retouch the positions and back off) and find X, Y, Z location that will be automatically populated into G54 as work offset.

3. I want to load the program, run it and when it hits T2 M6 it should prompt for a tool change for T2 at TPL position. I will mount the tool into the spindle manually and hit cycle start. The tool should go to the top of TPL record Z height, move to the part location and continue with the operation.
This rule should apply for every other tool.

Do I need to setup something like Master Tool0 so that TPL height can be previously recorded and any other tool is relative to this height.

I understood that Pro version of the software has these futures but it cost $150 more. Is there Macro6 available to be downloaded for the mill?