**RESOLVED** SIPS

All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

bezelchuck

**RESOLVED** SIPS

Post by bezelchuck »

Hi
The project is progressing now and I'm up to section 4. My question is how and where are the spare SIPS packed in the kit? I can't find them. My GPIO4D appears to have 2.2K SIPS installed for 24v but I need the 1K ones for the testing procedure. In the kit I have a bag marked MPU11 with some white nylon plugs and some silver crimp pins in and a bag marked GPIO4D containing green plastic sockets for the wires and a black one that I used for the power onto the GPIO4D board. I notice fig 2 in the manual shows little yellow bits in this bag too?
Can I do the testing procedure with the 2.2K SIPS and a 24v power supply as I have a few spare evenings this week and was hoping to forge ahead with the e-stop and limit switch circuits?
Thanks for the assistance
Phil
bezelchuck

Re: SIPS

Post by bezelchuck »

Hi
Well I've searched everywhere and haven't got them. A quick search of radio spares online shows they are easy enough to get so can you please just confirm the model numbers of each type.
I have the 2.2k ohm one on the board.

The 1k ones appear from the manual to be 4308R 102 LF 102 and that confirms exactly with some on RS's website

The 470K ones are trickier, the part number shown in the picture 8x 2 471 LF doesn't confirm with RS number, are they 4300 series? there are some 4608x 102 471 lf series but these are configured differently internally?
Thanks for your help
Phil
diycncscott

Post by diycncscott »

You absolutely can do all the testing with 24VDC using the 2.2k SIPS already installed. The manual uses 12VDC for testing simply because the 12VDC is already available and doesn't require an external 24VDC power supply.

If you think you may need the SIPS, please send an email to tech@ajaxcnc.com requesting them. Please include your serial number as I have no way of cross referencing your username here with what you purchased. (I REALLY need to fix that).

To find your serial number in Mach, select "PlugIn Control"->Mach Ajax PlugIn"

To find your serial number in CNC11, select "Utilities"-> "Options". You will find your serial number in the middle-right of the screen labeled "Sys ID". Please send the numeric version (in parenthesis)
bezelchuck

Post by bezelchuck »

Thanks for the reply. I've sent an email as suggested and will do the testing with a 24v power supply.

Thanks
Phil