**RESOLVED** press reset and motor rotates

All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

achew

**RESOLVED** press reset and motor rotates

Post by achew »

Hello Scott, Thanks for the mach3 manual,my system is mpu11/gp1o4d mach 3. I check wiring and parameters every thing OK,I press the reset button and the X Axis motor took off with a high speed and vibration, press Estop. no warning displayed ,next I took the encoder out of the gp104d board .press reset no motor motion ,next I gave a move command G0x1perss enter, the motor responded smoothly with about 5 revs and stop the status display: Axis X full power with out motion .I am using Yaskawa drive and ac servo motor with Brake.Any suggestions?
I will recheck my encoder wiring.

Achew.
rppman

Re: press reset and motor rotates

Post by rppman »

My motor has done the same thing before and it turned out I needed to switch my power wires around on the motor. I swaped the red and black on my dc310b connection and then the motor worked fine
diycncscott

Post by diycncscott »

Hello,

rppman, achew is running 3rd party drives and AC motors so what you did with your DC system wouldn't apply but thanks for helping.

achew,

Yes please check your encoder wiring. Please use the CNC11 software for troubleshooting as you can see the raw encoder data in CNC11 where as in Mach it can be affected by the axis reversal settings.

From the main screen in CNC11, press F1 setup-> F3 config (pw =137) ->F4 PID. Now while looking at the face of the motor, rotate the shaft of the motor CCW. abs_pos should count up (more positive). If it counts more negative please switch the wires on the Mpu11 DB9 connector A<->B & /A<->/B. Try it again and observe that the encoders now count as described above.
achew

No enable outputs CNC11 and GPIO4Ds

Post by achew »

Hello Scott,I did as you said,load CNC11the encoder ccw rotation positive reading OK,The input LED's 1to 11,17to20 are all green.The outputs are all red.The memory 8,9,52,and 55 are all green.The stages1,3,4,5,7,9,13,and 50 are all green,8 keeps flashing.I remove the input wires one at a time 1-11,17-20, they went from green to red back to green.

Achew.
diycncscott

Post by diycncscott »

Hello,

The CNC11 PLC program defines a lube fault input (input 18) and a spindle fault input (input 25).

You need to EITHER set parameter 178 to a 3....

OR

Jump inputs 18 & 25 to "Common" on H20 or H21

Cycle Estop to clear faults.... If you have any faults displayed, the enable outputs (out17-20) will be off )(red)
achew

Post by achew »

Yes, 9039 software ready fault and 9030 spindle fault!
diycncscott

Enable outputs in CNC11 w/GPIO4D

Post by diycncscott »

achew,

"Software Ready Fault" is caused by exiting and restarting the CNC11 software without powering off the MPU11 in between.

As I mentioned in the previous post, cycle Estop to clear the fault.

I was mistaken in my previous post. I forgot you were running a GPIO4D and not a DC3IOB.

The lube fault input is on input9 and the spindle fault input is on input10.

If you have set parameter 178 to 3 as I instructed and you are still getting the spindle fault (after cycling estop), please generate a report from the Utilities screen and post the "report.zip" file
achew

Post by achew »

Hi Scott, How do I Attached the the" Report.Zip file"on the post?I have it loaded on my USB .
diycncscott

Post by diycncscott »

Look below the text box that you type in when posting and select the upload attachment tab->browse to the file->add the file ->place inline

You can also email the file to tech@ajaxcnc.com
achew

Post by achew »

Hi Scott, This is the Report.
CNC11 report.zip
(63.29 KiB) Downloaded 287 times