Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

RE: CLOSE LOOP MOTOR MOVES ONLY IN ONE DIRECTION

Post by Orukoh Jaramogi »

Hello.
I am making my own CNC machine. I am using acorn CNC board controller, centroid software, YAKO close loop motor (YK286EC80A1) and YAKO stepper servo driver (SSD2608H).
My connections for testing on the table : The pulse signal is connected from port (ST1) on the acorn board to (PU-) on the driver, The direction signal from port (DR1) on the acorn is connected to (DR-) on the driver. (PU+) and (DR+) are connected to +5V power supply. The power supply has a common ground to the 24V power supply.
The motor and the encoder is connected perfectly well to the driver (I have counter checked this connection). this is how they are connected.
The encoder:
EGND (Black)
+5VCC (Red)
EA- (Blue/White)
EA+ (Blue)
EB- (Yellow/White)
EB+ (Yellow)

The motor:
A+ (Red)
A- (Blue)
B- (Black)
B+ (Green)
Here comes the problem: when I run the program from centroid, the motor rotates in one direction both when I press X+ and X-. The DRO however shows that the motor moves in both directions.
I have checked that the connections and confirmed that they are firmly screwed. I have tried swapping the motor terminals but still there is no change.
I have gone through the wizard settings, tried Writing “bench-test” And there was no change, I then tried “other” Driver, but still no change. I have Calculated the motor and driver settings ensured I have them correctly in the wizard.
I have struggled with this problem for quite some time. Someone please explain to me what I am Not getting right.

Thank you.
RE: CLOSE LOOP MOTOR MOVES ONLY IN ONE DIRECTION

Hello.
I am making my own CNC machine. I am using acorn CNC board controller, centroid software, YAKO close loop motor (YK286EC80A1) and YAKO stepper servo driver (SSD2608H).
My connections for testing on the table : The pulse signal is connected from port (ST1) on the acorn board to (PU-) on the driver, The direction signal from port (DR1) on the acorn is connected to (DR-) on the driver. (PU+) and (DR+) are connected to +5V power supply. The power supply has a common ground to the 24V power supply.
The motor and the encoder is connected perfectly well to the driver (I have counter checked this connection). this is how they are connected.
The encoder:
EGND (Black)
+5VCC (Red)
EA- (Blue/White)
EA+ (Blue)
EB- (Yellow/White)
EB+ (Yellow)

The motor:
A+ (Red)
A- (Blue)
B- (Black)
B+ (Green)
Here comes the problem: when I run the program from centroid, the motor rotates in one direction both when I press X+ and X-. The DRO however shows that the motor moves in both directions.
I have checked that the connections and confirmed that they are firmly screwed. I have tried swapping the motor terminals but still there is no change.
I have gone through the wizard settings, tried Writing “bench-test” And there was no change, I then tried “other” Driver, but still no change. I have Calculated the motor and driver settings ensured I have them correctly in the wizard.
I have struggled with this problem for quite some time. Someone please explain to me what I am Not getting right.

Thank you in advance.
Attachments
These are the images of my setup at home.
These are the images of my setup at home.
IMG_20180216_085607.jpg
IMG_20180216_085433.jpg
IMG_20180216_085550.jpg
Dave_C
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC11: No

Re: RE: CLOSE LOOP MOTOR MOVES ONLY IN ONE DIRECTION

Post by Dave_C »

Since you are able to move the motor without it creating a fault with the drive, that means the encoder wiring is correct. It also means your power wires are all correct or the motor would not move at all!

I'm not familiar with the drive and servo you are using but it looks like some of the Leadshine clones.

The reason I bring it up is some of them, and I say some, not all, can be programmed with a cable that plugs into the drive. They can be set up to respond to direction pulses in different ways. I'd have to have the manual for the drive to tell you what is what.

They work great once you get them set up right. The ones I have bought came set properly for step and direction but they were DC versions and not the AC version I see you have.

It does not appear to be an Acorn/Centroid issue though.

Dave C.
Grizzly G0678 Mill ,CNC conversion with Acorn. G4004G Lathe, Mach 3 conversion to Acorn.
Gary Campbell
CNC Control System Serial Number: Acorn 238
CNC12: Yes

Post by Gary Campbell »

Use a dc voltmeter across the +5 and DR1 terminal and take readings when moving that axis + and - with the jog arrows

Have you tried selecting "Invert signals" in the Wizard?
GCnC Control
CNC Control & Retrofits
https://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1/videos
Dave_C

Post by Dave_C »

Use a dc voltmeter across the +5 and DR1 terminal and take readings when moving that axis + and - with the jog arrows
Gary makes a good point! You should be able to see the dir signal go from high to low (voltage) when you change direction.

Dave C.
Grizzly G0678 Mill ,CNC conversion with Acorn. G4004G Lathe, Mach 3 conversion to Acorn.
Orukoh Jaramogi

Dave_C wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:09 pm
Gary makes a good point! You should be able to see the dir signal go from high to low (voltage) when you change direction.

Dave C.

Thank you for the reply.

Yes I measured. Upon pressing X+ the voltage goes to 4.9V and sticks to that value. Upon pressing X- the voltage drops to 0V.

And yes I also did try inverting the signal but in vain.
Gary Campbell

Post by Gary Campbell »

This is weird, but I had that condition once when the dir+ and dir- wires were reversed. The drive silkscreen was wrong

Have you tried taking signal from the DB25 connector?
GCnC Control
CNC Control & Retrofits
Orukoh Jaramogi

Gary Campbell wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:47 pm This is weird, but I had that condition once when the dir+ and dir- wires were reversed. The drive silkscreen was wrong

Have you tried taking signal from the DB25 connector?
It is stressing me out. I tried and the behavior is the same from both the screw connections and DB25.
Gary Campbell

Post by Gary Campbell »

Assuming the motor is wired correctly and sounds normal (to me) when turning, maybe a bad drive?

Did you verify that the voltage changes ~0 to ~5v at the drive?

Have you tried reversing the wires (dir+ / dir-)
GCnC Control
CNC Control & Retrofits
diycncscott

Post by diycncscott »

Does the drive have limit switch connections?
Dave_C

Post by Dave_C »

Ok, Looking at the picture there is no Limit switch connections to this drive but there is a USB port. Having used similar leadshine drives I have connected the special cable and checked to see how the drive was programmed.

http://www.yankong.com/EN/proview-54-23.html

I went to this site and looked up your controller.

If switch 1 is set to "ON" the motor will only turn clockwise!

Set switch 1 to "off" for Pulse and direction.

Dave C.