**RESOLVED** Encoder X axis check

All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

achew

**RESOLVED** Encoder X axis check

Post by achew »

My system is mach3 mpu11/gpio4d third party drive,Yaskawa SGDH-04fe drive and SGMAH-04AAF4 AC motors with brake.I used the CNC11 mpu11/gpio4d manual to set up wiring,jumper for limits switches and e-stop.To bench test In diagnostic screen:when I turned the X axis motor shaft a relay clicked, no encoder reading was displayed on the Current position ,machine coordinate DROs,the blend speed DRO displayed a reading until I stop turning the shaft another relay click,The reset button started to flash and : Emergency mode active.status: Axis X following error.I continued to turn the motor shaft and All three DROs became active ,current position, machine coordinate and blend speed.
I just did the same checks on MDI page,Turned motor shaft I heard a relay click no encoder reading on machine coordinate DRO,The feed rate window units/min DRO displayed a reading the shaft turned freely, the moment I stop, another relay click.At this time the reset butter started flashing Emergency mode active.Status Axis X following error or Axis X full power without motion.I continued to turn the motor shaft and felt some resistance, the machine coordinate DRO became active with the unite/min DRO .Status : Axis X full power without motion.
diycncscott

Re: Encoder X axis check

Post by diycncscott »

Hello,

1. The following error is triggered because the motion control detects motion on the axis that it is not being commanded. This then triggers the emergency stop condition.

2. The relay you hear clicking is the lube pump relay. The lube Brain uses the built in Mach function "IsMoving()" to turn the lube pump on/off when when motion starts/stops. IsMoving() will be TRUE when the encoders/DRO's are changing because the motion controller updates the DRO's in Mach to reflect the actual machine position. To stop the relay from clicking, disable the lube Brain by selecting "Ajax Lube.brn" under Operator->Brain Control and unchecking the box. Make sure you click "Reload All Brains" after unchecking the box.

3. Do the enable LED's on the GPIO4D light up?
achew

Post by achew »

Yes all four of LEDs lights up,I will make the change in the brain and keep informed.

Thank you ,
Scott.
diycncscott

Post by diycncscott »

Hello,

You mention that the motors have brakes. Do you hear the brakes release when the enable LED's come on?
achew

Post by achew »

No I did not hear anything.
diycncscott

Post by diycncscott »

I have to assume that they are releasing since you describe being able to rotate the shafts by hand. The reason I asked is that I was trying to determine if your enables were staying on. The servo enable outputs and brake outputs from the GPIO4D turn on/off simultaneously.
achew

Post by achew »

Hello Scott, I just com-pleated the motor out put DC volts checks on Gp1o4d ,the X axis 9.95v,the y axis 9.95v,the z axis 0v,the a axis 9.95v.can you post the wiring diagram for Yaskawa sigma 11Drives and motors with brake for the Ajax mpu11/gp1o4d system.I am really confuse, any suggestions?

Achew.
Last edited by achew on Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
diycncscott

Post by diycncscott »

Hello,

The voltages on the X, Y & A axes are normal -unless the motors/encoders respond to the control voltage, the outputs will immediately climb to ~10VDC. If you command motion in the opposite direction, you should see the polarity change.

For your Z axis:

1. Did you command a move? If so, how was the move commanded?

2. Is the enable LED on the GPIO4D lit or does it go out?

3. In the Mach diag screen, do all for "LEDS" light and stay lit (stay red) when reset is clicked and after motion is commanded?
achew

Post by achew »

I gave the same command in all Axis,G0z1 and g1z1f2 , all 4 enable LED's are lit on the gp1o4d ,they all go out after the move command has been trip,reset button blinks.
The diagnostic page all 4 red LED's are on ,when I command a move they go out,when I reset they come back on.
diycncscott

Post by diycncscott »

Hello,

Ok.

1. The reset trips because of the following error -the GPIO4D is commanding motion (10VDC) but the drive/motor doesn't respond.
2. If you are using a digital meter, it may not update fast enough to catch the analog output before the following error shuts it off. Try an analog meter and watch for the output to "bounce".
3. Disconnect the analog outputs to the drive before taking your measurement to eliminate the chance that something in the wring or on the drive is pulling the output down.
4. Make sure that your probes are inserted into the analog output terminals and that the screws are tightened down on the probes. Attempting to take a measurement by putting the probes on top of the screws is extremely unreliable.
5. If you still can't get a voltage reading, I'll need to issue you and RMA for return of the GPIO4D