**RESOLVED** Encoder X axis check

All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

achew

Re: Encoder X axis check

Post by achew »

Hello Scott, I did the check as you instructed for the Z axis out put and the result is positive, 9.95 volts dc. What's next?

Anthony.
diycncscott

Post by diycncscott »

The GPIO4D is operating correctly - look at the wiring on your drive(s). Make sure your drives are being enabled etc... You may have to change your drive parameters to change the enables from active high to active low.
achew

Post by achew »

I made changes to the mach 3 enable active hi and lo, no motor motion . the DRO moves and stop. reset blinks.Axis X full power without motion.Do you mean the Yaskawa Drive parameters?
achew

mach 3 mpu11/gpi04d project completion

Post by achew »

Has any one ever completed the mach 3 mpu11/gp104d system installation? If so can you please post all the parameters/ports/pins/brain etc.what ever is needed to complete the project. I need help.
Achew.
diycncscott

Post by diycncscott »

The active high/low settings in Mach for the enables have absolutely no effect on the enable output states on the GPIO4D hardware.

Also, it's apparent that everything is operating correctly on the GPIO4D and that you have encoder feedback. That leaves only issues with the state of the enables, your drives or the wiring. The GPIO4D puts out the required analog voltage but the motors don't respond with movement so the GPIO4D faults out as it should.

There shouldn't be any changes needed to the Mach brains or in the ports pins for basic operation. If you have been making changes I'd suggest backing up your mach3 directory and sub-directories and then removing c:\mach3 and everything under it before doing a clean install of mach and then re-installing the current plugin. When it ask you to configure the network adaptor, leave it set to "none", it's already configured.

I've been tied up answering individual posts here and have not had time to produce the Mach version of the GPIO4D manual. I'm going to put everything else on hold tomorrow morning and will have the Mach version posted by noon EST. There won't be any startling revelations it however as it will pretty much follow the CNC11 version for wiring:

Limits must be normally closed (closed when not tripped)
Estop must be normally closed (closed when not in an Estop condition)
Drive must be able to accept active low enable or a relay must be used to invert the signal

Plug in/Brains setup:

Don't install parallel port drivers

To start, install default brains and install pendant brains only if you have a pendant. Don't install MPG, 4th axis etc... until after 3 axis basic functionality is established.

Don't change anything in the ports/pins. The only thing that may need to be changed is the "reversed" setting in homing/limits but lets get the axes moving before worrying about direction.