**RESOLVED** Linux to windows conversion

All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

Riverside192

**RESOLVED** Linux to windows conversion

Post by Riverside192 »

I would like to change control software so that I can load mastercam on the same computer. What will I need other than the flash disc . I was also curious what it would take to change over to Mach3. I've been very happy with all the great service I received and the performance of the control has been very reliable. Keep up the great work.
james188

Re: Linux to windows conversion

Post by james188 »

What is your control serial number so we can look up what you have
Centroid_Tech

Re: Linux to windows conversion

Post by Centroid_Tech »

Riverside192,

To convert from Linux to Windows this is what you need to do:
1.) Make a report to backup your configuration. Main screen F7-Util, F7-Report, highlight USB device and press F10-Accept.
2.) Backup all your programs F7-Util, F3-Backup then F2-CNC (g-code programs), F3-ICN (Intercon programs).
3.) Shut system down, remove SSHD with Linux. Install HDD with Windows 7.
4.) Download the latest CNC11 Windows version from the forum and install it on your PC.
5.) Copy the report.zip from the backup you made into the cncm directory and extract it.
6.) Go into the CNC11 software and verify your settings are correct, you can print the report.txt file as a reference.
7.) Restore your programs and you are ready to go.
When requesting support, please ALWAYS post a current report. Find out how to take a report from your Acorn, CNC11 or CNC10 system here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

If your question is PLC, Macro or program related, please also post a copy of the program or macro as well.

Without the above information we may not be able to help and/or reply until the required information is posted..