**RESOLVED** I can't get past step 4.4.7 in the manual.

All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

Captain Midnight

**RESOLVED** I can't get past step 4.4.7 in the manual.

Post by Captain Midnight »

4.4.7 Testing PC, MPU11 and PLC communications – Drive Fault Relay
While opening and closing the E Stop input with the jumper, connect an ohm meter to the
drive fault realy output on the DC3IOB as shown below. Confirm that you have continuity
between Drive Fault Rly 1 and Drive Fault Rly 2 when the jumper is installed – Emergency
stop released- and that the relay opens when the jumper is removed -Emergency stop
detected.

I don't have any faults, and I don't have continuity. Does that mean my DC310B needs to be sent back? Has anyone else sucsessfully installed an Ajax controller? I need help.
rppman

Re: I can't get past step 4.4.7 in the manual.

Post by rppman »

i belive i have asked this question on the other thread but i didnt get an answer. is your estop conctor clicking when you hit the release button or when you engage the button. check for voltage between relay 1 and 2 with the estop engaged and disengaged. my contactor was sending voltage to the ralay1 and 2 when i had the estop engaged. then when i would reset the estop button the contactor would remove the voltage. just check the voltage both ways( tripped and untripped) and get back with me.
Centroid_Tech

Post by Centroid_Tech »

Captain Midnight,

What is the status of the DF LED, which is located right next to the fibers on the DC3IOB, when you press E-stop and when you release E-stop?
When requesting support, please ALWAYS post a current report. Find out how to take a report from your Acorn, CNC11 or CNC10 system here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

If your question is PLC, Macro or program related, please also post a copy of the program or macro as well.

Without the above information we may not be able to help and/or reply until the required information is posted..
Captain Midnight

I don't have the contactor hooked up. I'm still at the "take it out of the box, and test it stage". The Estop button just goes to the DC310 contacts. It does read "engaged and released", so the Estop button works OK.

I don't see anything marked DF LED. There are 5 green LEDs in that area, that stay lit all the time. They do not change when pushing the Estop button.

Still no continuity between Drive Fault Rly 1 and Drive Fault Rly 2 when Estop is released.

Thanks
james188

Post by james188 »

Just to confirm you are saying you do not have continuity between drive fault 1 and drive fault 2 when the estop common jumper is installed, and when you remove the jumper every thing stays the same. Is this correct?
Captain Midnight

Yes, that is what is happening.
Thanks
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

I don't see anything marked DF LED. There are 5 green LEDs in that area, that stay lit all the time. They do not change when pushing the Estop button.
According to the DC3IOB manual there are six LEDs there: three in a column near the edge of the board, and three in a column set back a half inch or so. DF should be the one nearest the edge of the board and nearest the fiber optic sockets (i.e. directly below the standoff post).

What is displayed on LED1 (the 7-segment display LED in the window, lower center of the DC3IOB unit)?
Captain Midnight

A zero is displayed.
Captain Midnight

According to the DC3IOB manual there are six LEDs there: three in a column near the edge of the board, and three in a column set back a half inch or so. DF should be the one nearest the edge of the board and nearest the fiber optic sockets (i.e. directly below the standoff post.

Where did you get a manual that says that? How can I get a copy?
james188

Post by james188 »

Have you found the status of the DF LED. This will help us determine what is happening.