**RESOLVED** I can't get past step 4.4.7 in the manual.

All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

Centroid_Tech

Re: I can't get past step 4.4.7 in the manual.

Post by Centroid_Tech »

Captain Midnight,

In the CNC11 software, from the main screen press F1(Setup)->F3(Config)->default password is 137->F2(Mach.)->F2(Motor). Set all of your axis labels to N and press F10(Save). Cycle your E-stop input, removing and installing the jumper that you are using on input 11. You should see the DF LED come ON once the jumper is installed again. The DF LED is the LED from the below picture that is closest to the standoff.
Attachments
DC3IOB_LEDs.JPG
When requesting support, please ALWAYS post a current report. Find out how to take a report from your Acorn, CNC11 or CNC10 system here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

If your question is PLC, Macro or program related, please also post a copy of the program or macro as well.

Without the above information we may not be able to help and/or reply until the required information is posted..
Captain Midnight

Post by Captain Midnight »

Ok, I'm there, but my program expired. How do I get another trial copy, so I can continue installation?
Last edited by Captain Midnight on Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Centroid_Tech

Post by Centroid_Tech »

Captain Midnight,

First, the DC3IOB manual can be downloaded here:
http://ajaxcnc.com/tech/downloads/mach3 ... /index.php

Second, here is a 10 day demo for the CNC11 software; P297 23757.7277.
When requesting support, please ALWAYS post a current report. Find out how to take a report from your Acorn, CNC11 or CNC10 system here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

If your question is PLC, Macro or program related, please also post a copy of the program or macro as well.

Without the above information we may not be able to help and/or reply until the required information is posted..
Captain Midnight

How do I use that number to activate the program?
diycncscott

Post by diycncscott »

I included the instructions in the email that contained the code.

I've included them again here for your review:

Software Unlock Parameters
The Following steps are necessary to unlock software features:

Start CNC11 by double clicking the CNC11 Mill icon on your desktop

1. If at the demo mode expired screen, start at step 7.
2. Go to the Main screen of the Control Software.
(Setup, Load, MDI...across the bottom of the screen)
3. Press <F1> to enter the Setup screen.
4. Press <f3> to enter the Configuration screen.
5. Type "137" (without quotes) in the window which asks for the password.
Press <ENTER> to accept this.
6. Press <F3> to enter the Parameters screen.
7. Press <F1> and enter parameter number 297, then press enter
8. Enter the demo code and then press <ENTER>.
9. Press <F10> to save.
Captain Midnight

It says " Invalid Parameter"
What now?
Thanks
Captain Midnight

ajax_tech wrote: Second, here is a 10 day demo for the CNC11 software; P297 23757.7277.
I get "Invalid Parameter"
What should I try next?
Thank you
diycncscott

Post by diycncscott »

Please follow the directions closely.

When you get into the parameter screen shown below, press the "F1" key to bring up box to enter the "Special Parameter", enter 297 as shown, then press enter.
demoparm.gif

When it brings up the "Parameter Value" box as shown below, enter your Code, press enter and then F10 to save.
297parm.png
Captain Midnight

What does all this mean?

102 Error initializing CPU...cannot continue. 2
106 PC clock appears to be wrong 1
199 CNC Started 41
201 Exiting CNC due to a known error (63) 2
204 Exiting CNC...Normal Exit (66) 36
222 Autotune run 7
301 Stopped 81
304 MDI... 11
307 Operator abort: job cancelled 5
327 Fault: job cancelled 27
335 Emergency stop released 245
340 Z+ limit (#50006) cleared 39
406 Emergency stop detected 210
407 Z+ limit (#50006) tripped 45
412 Z axis(3) encoder differential error 149
422 Check Jog Panel cable 39
428 Check MPG cable 39
452 PC Receive Data Error 7
777 N Encoder Counts modified: 8000 -> 1000 15
930 Log Level Configuration file not found... Crea 1
933 Log file initialized 1
945 PC requested resend # 10 70
999 Parm #310 modified: 0.00000 -> 3.00000 32
9030 SPINDLE FAULT! 10
9035 KEYBOARD JOGGING DISABLED 9
9036 LUBE FAULT 1
9039 Software Ready Fault 21
9099 Message Cleared 28
diycncscott

Off topic posts

Post by diycncscott »

All,

The original topic of this thread is titled "I can't get past step 4.4.7 in the manual". Obviously, this thread has strayed off topic.

In the future, please keep posts on the original topic. I understand that sometimes the subject matter may drift "a little" as we move towards our goal getting your machine up and running but please at least change the subject of your post to reflect the content of your post. Please start a new thread if you have a question or comment that is completely unrelated to the original topic (such as the previous post).

To help others, if you (or any other user) have obtained a solution to the issue which was posted, please post a message under the original thread stating that the issue has been resolved and what the resolution was. If the answer was provided in a post on this board, please mention the specific post and poster that provided the answer. - Even better, mention the name of the poster and paste a link to the post. If you solved the problem on your own, please details on the solution you found so that others may benefit from your experience. We will be using this information to help implement a rating system (both for thread and user) and we are discussing ways in which we can reward our most active and helpful users.

As the number of posts has grown it has become obvious that I'm going to have a be more active in "pruning" posts and topics. In most cases, I will simply move an off-topic post to a more appropriate thread or start a new thread but in some cases I will remove the post. If you feel I have removed your post without cause, please send me a PM with your thoughts and I will consider the matter.

Regards

Scott Pratt (ajaxscott)

FWIW The answer to the previous post is: That text is from a configuration file that lists all the possible messages that can be reported and the number of times they have been issued. Please refrain from posting an obscure page of text without also including at least some background information explaining what the situation was when you encountered the problem/information/message. Such as "I was browsing files on my computer and found this file in the c:\cncm directory called msg_cnt.txt" or "I was in the Utilities menu and I pressed the Logs button and then the Stats button and this screen popped up".. "What does it mean?"