desktop use

All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

Anthony
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: (0616102337)
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

desktop use

Post by Anthony »

is there a way to use my laptop at my desk instead of being at the machine?
cnc-10
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: desktop use

Post by martyscncgarage »

Anthony wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:32 pm is there a way to use my laptop at my desk instead of being at the machine?
cnc-10
For what purpose?
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
Anthony
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: (0616102337)
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by Anthony »

the reason I ask is I have used mach3 and I just wrote the g code while in the comfort of my office then saved it to thumb drive and when ready I went into shop and loaded and ran program. I'm new to centroid .
Centroid_Liviu
DC3IOB: Yes

Post by Centroid_Liviu »

Anthony wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:32 pm is there a way to use my laptop at my desk instead of being at the machine?
cnc-10
Our Offline Intercon Conversational Software allows you to program from the comfort of your desk while you keep the machine busy cutting. It is availabe for $99. Please give Support a call at 814-353-9290 Option 4 and they can make sure you get a version that is compatible with both the PC you plan on using and the version of Centroid Software you are running on the machine.
When requesting support READ THIS POST first. https://www.viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report. To make a report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
CNC12: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

Anthony wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:26 pm the reason I ask is I have used mach3 and I just wrote the g code while in the comfort of my office then saved it to thumb drive and when ready I went into shop and loaded and ran program. I'm new to centroid .
Certainly. Do your CAD/CAM work on the office PC and then copy it to a thumb drive, take it to the machine running the Centroid software, and load it onto its PC and you are good to go.

What Liviu is referring to is Intercon, their conversational programming software. You can purchase it and use it on your office PC, post the G code, copy it to a Thumb drive and carry it to the CNC machine's PC, and load it.

Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ