Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: A900586
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Connecting TB Woods SW1 vfd to Oak Board

Post by jubba »

I am seeking help to connect my oak board to a TB WOODS SW1 vfd
the connections are not straight forward as the sample on the wiring diagram.
Attachments
sw1 connection.pdf
(180.55 KiB) Downloaded 104 times
tblough
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 100505
7804732B977B-0624192192
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No

Re: Connecting TB Woods SW1 vfd to Oak Board

Post by tblough »

Read the section in your manual regarding the programming of the Digital Inputs. There should be parameters that can be set on the VFD to configure the inputs for various functions. Hopefully there are three that would configute DI1-DI3 to be Enable, Forward, and Reverse. Similarly, the Relay output should be configured to fault output in a normally closed state - i.e. open circuit = fault.

Post the link to the manual if you are still having problems and I'll look a little closer at it.

Cheers,

Tom
Cheers,

Tom
Confidence is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.
I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are where they should be.
Centroid_Tech

Post by Centroid_Tech »

Figure 4-3 on the photo that you attached shows how you would hook it up. You can follow the attached table for the connections based on the photo that you supplied. The Digital I/P are most likely programmable inputs. Based on the value of a parameter, it tells the VFD what that particular input is. If this VFD has a parameter for a reset, you can connect the INV RESET terminal on the OAK to the Digital I/P 2 terminal on the VFD. You will also need to install a jumper on the OAK from the SPINDLE COM terminal to the INV RESET COM terminal.

Unfortunately, without the actual manual, I can't verify this but I am assuming that the Relay Contact is for fault output, correct? If that is correct then I am assuming that you have +VDC wired to the COMMON 9-12 terminal on the OAK, correct? If that is correct then you will need to tie the Relay Common terminal on that VFD to the ground on the power supply that is supplying the power to the COMMON 9-12 terminal.
Attachments
SW1 VFD Connections.PNG
SW1 VFD Connections.PNG (5.11 KiB) Viewed 2141 times
When requesting support, please ALWAYS post a current report. Find out how to take a report from your Acorn, CNC11 or CNC10 system here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

If your question is PLC, Macro or program related, please also post a copy of the program or macro as well.

Without the above information we may not be able to help and/or reply until the required information is posted..
jubba
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Post by jubba »

I am attaching the TB WOODS SW1 manual link

http://www.vacon.com/ImageVaultFiles/id ... 286-UK.PDF
Centroid_Tech

Post by Centroid_Tech »

Looking at that manual, the relay output can be used as a fault output. You will have to set P-18 to a 1. It also states that the output is a Normally Open(NO) output. The Centroid control's inputs are setup as Normally Closed(NC) by default. You will need to invert the logic which is very simple. At the main screen of the CNC11 software, press ALT+I to bring up the PLC Diagnostic menu. You will see 4 rows of red and green circles. The top row are your inputs. There is a white box around input 1. Use the right arrow key to move that box over to input 10, which is the SpindleInverterOK signal. It should be red. Press CTRL+ALT+I. This will turn that input to green and you should see a white line above the input which tells the control that the logic for that input has been inverted.

Looking at that manual, you can't program one of the inputs to be act like a reset, so you can disregard what I mentioned about the inverter reset signal.

Also, rather than connecting the SPIN DIR NO terminal on the ALLIN1DC to the Digital I/P 3 terminal on the VFD, you can connect it to the Digital I/P 2 terminal and set P-19 to either 4 or 5.
When requesting support, please ALWAYS post a current report. Find out how to take a report from your Acorn, CNC11 or CNC10 system here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

If your question is PLC, Macro or program related, please also post a copy of the program or macro as well.

Without the above information we may not be able to help and/or reply until the required information is posted..
jubba
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Post by jubba »

Thanks for the information I will make the connection and settings , will post my
the results