Millport with a M-60 controller?

All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

Centroid_Tech

Re: Millport with a M-60 controller?

Post by Centroid_Tech »

I just saw the photo of the X axis driver board which is a MICRO1 board. If you do get a replacement driver board, the attached pinout should help you in wiring the new driver board to that system. If you wanted, you can use the ACORN to send the signals to those boards and have yourself an updated PC and CNC12 software.
Attachments
MICRO1_PINOUT.doc
(34.5 KiB) Downloaded 88 times
When requesting support, please ALWAYS post a current report. Find out how to take a report from your Acorn, CNC11 or CNC10 system here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

If your question is PLC, Macro or program related, please also post a copy of the program or macro as well.

Without the above information we may not be able to help and/or reply until the required information is posted..
lilb93
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 0216041209
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by lilb93 »

Ordered an Acorn Yesterday with the pro software. If I get it working will upgrade to ultimate to use the Centroid probes I have for our M400. Will remove all the old boards install a VFD and the acorn and install 3 CWD2208 drivers for the steppers.

It looks like the steppers have only 200 per rev encoder. Would they have to be replaced with 2000 per rev encoder, If i understand it right. Thanks John
Barnesville, PA.

I always thought it would take longer to grow old.
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

lilb93 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:57 pm Ordered an Acorn Yesterday with the pro software. If I get it working will upgrade to ultimate to use the Centroid probes I have for our M400. Will remove all the old boards install a VFD and the acorn and install 3 CWD2208 drivers for the steppers.

It looks like the steppers have only 200 per rev encoder. Would they have to be replaced with 2000 per rev encoder, If i understand it right. Thanks John
Acorn does not use feedback from axis encoders. It will run your steppers with no feedback.
The only encoder on Acorn is for a spindle encoder.

Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ