**RESOLVED** following error when using MPG

All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

rppman

**RESOLVED** following error when using MPG

Post by rppman »

I went in and input my backlash readings into the Ajax config. Screen. Once I save and close I try to use my mpg2 and after moving one click (.001) I get a "axis following error". I can move the axis's with comands without any problems. It only happens when I use my mpg. If I remove the backlash entries the mpg works fine..?? I have the mpg2 and have posted on this mpg before under the thread "mpg2 wiring and mpu11". Thanks in advance for any help. Scott
diycncscott

Re: following error when using MPG

Post by diycncscott »

Hi Scott,

Can you please email your mach3mill.xml (found in c:\mach3), ajax.xml and ajaxlog.txt (found in c:\mach3\ajax) to tech@ajaxcnc.com as well as a short description of the issue?

What are your backlash settings?
rppman

Post by rppman »

Ok I will send them when I get home today. Thanks
rppman

Post by rppman »

Ok I sent the files. My backlash settings are:
X=.002
Y=.005
Z=.000
diycncscott

Post by diycncscott »

rppman

Post by rppman »

Ok I am planning on uploading this tonight but I have a couple of questions. Is this a special plugin? Where do I install it into? Am I going to lose any settings that I have? Thanks Scott
jholland
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: A900078
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by jholland »

greetings rppman

I make my own pulse controls. I am using mach3+mpu11+servo3iob system. I cannot get motion from my mpg. Also, when switching axes, the "Y" led on mach fails to light. Would you have schematic of the mpg2 pendant showing resistor values, etc?

thanks
j holland [*] :?:
ajaxaaron

Post by ajaxaaron »

Hi rppman,

The posted installer is not a special version, it's just the latest one that includes a fix to the MPG issue you reported (high values of backlash caused it to misbehave). This particular version hasn't been tested as thoroughly as others, as the fix was fairly minor, and we wanted to get it out to you ASAP.

When you run the installer, it will ask you to select a directory to install it into -- this would be your Mach3 folder (which is C:\Mach3 by default). It will also ask you which components to install -- you should uncheck everything except the plugin itself to avoid overwriting any customizations you've made to your brains. When it reaches the network adapter selection page, just leave "None" selected. It should not overwrite any of the settings files, but it might be prudent to copy your entire C:\Mach3 folder before running the installer (just in case something does get messed up).

Please let us know if you have any issues,
-Aaron
johnP

Post by johnP »

jholland,
maybe this thread can help you with the mpg2 http://www.ajaxcnc.com/ajaxbb/viewtopic ... it=mpg#p66
rppman

Post by rppman »

Ok thanks Aaron for the input. I was going to do it tonight but I ran out of time once again. Tomorrow for sure.
Jholland, the thread that was listed may help you but i dont think it had any MPG2 resistor values. i believe we talked about using a small resistor on a 12v relay that i was using to operate the e-stop on the MPG2. You noted that in Mach the Y axis will not light. Just so you know, when i operate my MPG2 the LED light on the MPG is on until I select a axis, then the light goes out. I didnt worry about it too much because my MPG still worked fine with the light out. Thanks for all the input. Scott