CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: encoder connectios

Post by martyscncgarage »

Ronnie wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:09 am Hi Marty
Thanks. you're a star. As from 1 Dec I am on retirement so my funds are very limited, unfortunately. So that is why I rely on your valuable info.
I'm a diesel engineer since 1964 but electronics like is different for me. Thanks again for your assistance. I just have to get this machine running again some how.

Ron
Ron,
Congrats on your upcoming retirement! I retired May of 2016 and have run out of time in the day. The retired guys were right! You are busier retired than working! (but you get to pick and choose what you want to do :D )
Well perhaps sending a private message to the fellow may yield a response. I think that would be my first option, try and repair the board. IF you manage to get the fellow, see if he has a spare for purchase. If not, then for you, I highly recommend one of the two motor options and Acorn. Of course you could always go with a Geckodrive G540 and some steppers, but you loose the closed loop option.

Keep us posted on your progress. Post a picture of the machine. I assume it is a Sherline based Mill?

Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
Ronnie
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: encoder connectios

Post by Ronnie »

Thanks, will send pic. More relaxed now communicating with another retired person. Go well.
Ron