Trying to enable x axis in mach

All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

please no smoke

Trying to enable x axis in mach

Post by please no smoke »

Finally got my computer talking to the MPU11 and am trying to get an axis to move. I have only purchased one of your encoders as of now just to see if it's going to work and I put it one the x axis of my hurco mill. I went to the pins menu and tried to disable the in and out for the y and z.

I cannot get the mach to reset and enable the drive. I am using the AMC drive that you posted a brain for. Not sure if the brain is not working or what. I looked at it but I am just starting to learn. I see it uses mod 13-16, it is not wired to input 16 but to the 16 common. Not sure if that makes any difference. The normal condition light was on and it said that one or more axis were disabled or enabled. A red led was on as well. The DSP-DEBUG light is blinking on the MPU11. Any ideas???

Thanks

Matt
diycncscott

Re: Trying to enable x axis in mach

Post by diycncscott »

Hello Matt,

Disable the "encoder error" fault:

4.4.2 Configuring the Ajax Mach3 plug-in Select Config from the top menu in Mach, when the plug-in pop-up windows comes up, select the yellow CONFIG box next to Ajax Plugin:
:
config encoder errors.gif

This brings up the Ajax Plugin configuration screen. Changing the value in "Stop on Encoder Error" from 1 to 0 will prevent a fault from being generated while we test without the encoders connected, leave the "Message on Encoder Error" value set to 1. This will issue a warning message on the screen to remind us that the encoders are not connected but it won't trigger any faults:
Change encoder error.gif

4.5Confirming PLC communications and Brain functionality for limits Click on the “Diagnostics” tab in Mach3 to view the limit switch and emergency stop inputs as shown below. This is what the limit switch and Emergency inputs should look like when all the Emergency stop switch and limit switches are closed
I_O states -operational.gif
please no smoke

Scott,

Thanks for the killer reply. One problem though. When I pull up the AJAX Configuration screen with the table for the PID and other boxes. I don't have as many options as your page shows. I have three boxes below the table, not 17??????????????

Thanks

Matt
Centroid_Tech

Post by Centroid_Tech »

Did you setup the Mach3 software correctly and enable all the required brains needed?

Refer to page 15 in the Mach3 install manual for enabling Mach3 brains:
http://ajaxcnc.com/tech/downloads/mach3 ... /index.php
When requesting support, please ALWAYS post a current report. Find out how to take a report from your Acorn, CNC11 or CNC10 system here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

If your question is PLC, Macro or program related, please also post a copy of the program or macro as well.

Without the above information we may not be able to help and/or reply until the required information is posted..
please no smoke

I reloaded the Ajax from the CD and enabled all brains again. It's like I have a different program than you show. There are no boxes below to click. I have not enabled or assigned any logic, frankly because to make things work on my machine it's going to be a PIA and I am taking things one step at a time. Not sure what to do?????????

Thanks

Matt
please no smoke

Still won't work!!
please no smoke

Ok, scott. Downloaded the latest mach from artsoft. When it opens it says Mach 2.0 pro. I only have the demo version, could that be why I don't have the options? I also installed CNC 11 but it had no effect on Mach and I did not open it.
Attachments
Screen.TIF
Screen.TIF
diycncscott

Post by diycncscott »

Hi Matt,

You are running a previous version of the Ajax Mach plugin that did not have the ability to disable encoder errors.

Though installing the latest Mach3 software was probably a good idea, I needed you to install the latest Ajax Mach plugin

Please download the latest AJAX plugin from here:
http://ajaxcnc.com/tech/downloads/software/mach/current

When we spoke, I mentioned that it would be helpfull to run the CNC11 setup as well so that you use the Centroid CNC11 software to view all the I/O in real-time and confirm that your drive fault outputs are off, limit and estop inputs are closed etc...
please no smoke

Thanks Scott. Will do.
please no smoke

Scott,

The new version did the trick. Hard to keep up with you guys when my retro speed is so slow. I was not able to clear the reset but in talking to you previously you said that the limit switches may need to be hooked up. Did you mean just the x or all of them?? Also, can you tell me what info to enter for the encoders that you sell? Counts/ unit, etc??

Thanks

Matt