Post by please no smoke »

Here is the screen i get now.
Attachments
Screen 2.TIF
diycncscott

Re: Trying to enable x axis in mach

Post by diycncscott »

Hi Matt,

In order to get the enable out to turn on for an axis, the limits for that axis must be jumped or connected to a normally closed switch. If you are only testing a single axis than you can get away with connecting only the limit switches for that axis.

In addition to the Limit switches, you MUST also have the Estop and Fault input for that axis connected as well.

At the end of this post I have included an excerpt from the installation manual that will be published later today - look for it in the here in the forums in the post titled: "Install Manuals Mach3 & CNC11 - MPU11 systems"

or click here:
http://www.ajaxcnc.com/ajaxbb/viewtopic ... 6ed00cfc22

Since you are running Mach3, you can ignore the lube fault and spindle fault inputs for the time being. Please be sure to read "SIPS.gif" carefully to be sure your input voltages are set up correctly.
SIPS.gif
gpio4d-enables.gif
please no smoke

Thanks Scott. I think my sips are ok but i was not clear on the jumping of the faults.
please no smoke

Ok. Got the limit switches hooked up correctly. The x drive is completely wired. The lube and spindle brains are disabled. The e stop is hooked up and functioning. Why won't my x drive enable??
Attachments
Shot 3.JPG