Jog keys not working

All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

teammetal

Jog keys not working

Post by teammetal »

I installed software update and new plc program and now have no jog keys. Before updating I was getting power to the drives, after updating I am not. I also cannot set home position. Before the update I was able to set home position, after updating I am not. This is a fairly large AC servo drive lathe. We were advised by Ajax to purchase the GPIO4D, MPU11 and Centroid software but we were sent a mill pendant. We now have the correct pendant. Would this system have been recommended if it was known to be a lathe? Has it ever been tested on a ac servo drive lathe? I did a Ajax retofit on a
dc servo lathe a few years ago (dos not linix) and had decent instructions and I don't think I contacted tech support once.
It work as it should and still does. Any ideas on how I can get the jog key to get power ot to analog and analog com
when I press the jog keys? Even if the drives were not wired, I should get (full power without motion) correct?
What needs to happen to set the home postion? I see in the manual it runs a g-code program to set home. Does setting
home have anything to do with the jog keys not working? Seems I should be able to set the home position whether I jog
or not?
diycncscott

Re: Jog keys not working

Post by diycncscott »

Hello,

Homing and jogging are completely unrelated.

In the default configuration, the system will automatically load a job named cnct.hom (or cncm.hom on mills) on power up. If you press cycle start, the machine will move to the limits on each axis, back off to the index pulse(s) and then set home at that location for each axis. It obviously can't do that if the drives are not connected. If you want to "set home" just to see values in the DRO's, you can type M26 /x/z at the MDI prompt and then press cycle start. In order to enter MDI, you will need to be sure you have all the fault inputs wired (drive faults, lube fault , spindle fault and estop). An example of defeating the drive faults is provided below. The same process can be applied to lube fault (input 9) & spindle faults (input 10). NOTE: For the spindle and lube faults, wire the 24 Com to "Com 9-12", wire +24VDC to inputs 9 & 10.

In order to see analog voltage without your drives being wired: Your encoders need to be wired and functioning and you will need to defeat the fault inputs (inputs 17 & 18). You will likely also need an analog meter to see the voltage as the voltage will be there only very briefly before the control shuts down with "full power without motion". Digital meters are generally too slow to see the voltage before it gets turned off due to the fault condition. More information on the wiring fault inputs is provided in the GPIO4D manual which is included on the CD you received with your order.

If you bring up the I/O screen (press alt-i to toggle it on/off while at the main screen) you can double check to be sure the inputs have been defeated by confirming that inputs 17 & 18 are green
GPIO4D Defeat fault input.gif
GPIO4D Defeat fault input.gif (10.7 KiB) Viewed 6059 times
teammetal

Post by teammetal »

Thank you for the help!
I do have the dirves wired, I also have green lights on inputs 17 and 18 but the jog keys seem to do nothing.
(alt j) keyboard jog keys have no response or the pendant jog keys have no response. No message in the window.

The only respose I get is when I press the keyboard arrow up jog key (that would be Y+ on the keyboard jog because it still resembles the mill pendant, but thats ok for now!) the highlighted line in the display window moves up. Seems to have nothing to do with jogging.
diycncscott

Post by diycncscott »

Hello,

What is the feedrate override set to? (top right corner of screen)

You can increase it with the override knob on the pendant or using the Ctrl and + keys (or Ctrl & - to decrease).

Are the output enable LEDS lit on the GPIO4D? (located behind the analog output headers)

Can you go into MDI and enter a command or does it kick you right back out to the main screen?
teammetal

Post by teammetal »

Feedrate is at 100% and on continuous but will NOT change with turning the knob on the pendant or Keyboard cntl. +-.

The leds on the GPIO4D board are NOT light.

Pressing F3 fir MDI kicks back to the main screen.

Also, just FYI, there is no GPIO4d Wiring manual on the cd we recieved. You are refering to the same one I can download from your website correct?
diycncscott

Post by diycncscott »

Hello,

You have a fault condition. What are the last couple of messages displayed in the status window? (the messages on the bottom in the window where you see the messages scrolling when you press the arrow keys)

Are inputs 9 & 10 green?
teammetal

Post by teammetal »

ok, I had power to input 5-8 com and in 8 per the drawing I recieved titled GPIO4D with MPU11. This dwg. states 24vdc (+) to the 5-8 COM and (-) to IN 8. Should the +- be reversed?

With NO power wired to COM 9-12 or IN 9 or IN 10, I have green lights ON, on inputs 8 and input 10.....

When I put 24vdc (-) to 9-12 COM and 24vdc (+) to input 9 and input 10, Input 10 light turns RED and input 9 turns GREEN and
I get a message in the window UNDEFINED PLC MESSAGE (30). input 8 stays green.
teammetal

Post by teammetal »

I removed 24vdc (+) from input 10 leaving 24vdc to input 9. I now have green lights on inputs 8,9 and 10 and message cleared in the window.
Still no LED's lite on the GPIO4D board or power to the drives.
diycncscott

Post by diycncscott »

You will need to cycle Estop to clear the faults.

Try to go into MDI now

What color is mem5 after the Estop is cleared (master enable)?
teammetal

Post by teammetal »

Pressing the estop releases the estop contactor, but does not give me any message in the window. When I connect 24vdc (-) to inputs
1 through 4 with 24vdc (+) connected to 1-4 COM I get a message in the window 406 Emergency stop detected and 335 estop released when power is removed.

Pressing MDI (after cycling the emergency stop with adding and removing power to inputs 1thru 4) I get a (327 fault: job cancelled) message and kicked back to the main screen.

mem5 stays red after cycling the estop and (hopfully) clearing the fault with 335 estop released.